1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does attraction feel like? / 'butterflies'

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Eric Dave, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Eric Dave

Eric Dave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    What exactly is 'butterlies' ?

What does attraction feel like?

Say you are walking down the street and you see someone you like what sensations do you feel?

2. enjolras

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    For me, I'll see a person and they'll stand out among all the others; it's like I'm pulled to them. Not sure if I feel 'butterflies' but I feel something.

3. Civiel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, well there is a lot of different ways to be attracted to people. Like when I see someone I find really hot on the streets I get all nervous and weird. My heart beats a bit faster and my legs might start feeling wobbly.

But when it comes to seing someone I really care about and really like I get all strange. It's like you feel happy and nervous and super emotional and your whole body feels warm. And my heart is usually racing like crazy when I'm around someone I really like. Oh yeah, and the butterflies you're talking about. Hmm, I don't know? It truly does feel like a bunch of butterflies are flying around in your stomach, I don't know how else to describe it xD

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Butterflies in my experience, feels like an anxiety/painful reaction in your stomach. It really does feel like having butterflies in there. And when you experience it, you can't eat/sleep and are always thinking about the person; you may constantly be looking through their online activity or waiting for them to show up and get sad when they aren't always there. That's lovesickness. And for me, it more so comes with romantic attraction.

Physical/sexual attraction....you just pick apart features you like that you notice and you may get a sensation from in your pants when you see the person lol

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This :thumbsup:

6. Lina13

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have expirienced something similar.
    For me sexual attraction feels very intense and I haven't experienced it may times, but when you feel it, you just now.
    I experienced it as a first-sight sort of thing. You loose track of time and your stomach drops, you feel heat and electricity in your whole body and just want to be very close to this person, like REALLY close. xD

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I've only felt sexual attraction twice, so I don't have much experience. Once it was to my ex; and I didn't feel it until AFTER we broke up ironically. And the other was to a friend I had a huge crush on that kept getting more and more intense. I can relate to that feeling.

8. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sexual attraction - First the irresistible urge to look at them. If it is too intense, eventually to get closer and make small talk /risk it to test if the feeling is mutual.

I don't know how to describe it... Warm magnetism?

9. Whenever I get butterflies it has been really intense. Like uncontrollable smiling when I'm around that person and just wanting to touch them, any way that's possible - like a playful push/hit or something. I've also gotten so much that I could get dizzy and really shaky - like I'm nervous but I feel great at the same time.

Sexual attraction is wanting to have sex with someone. Such as I keep thinking about tying up my insanely hot coworker and doing bad things to him just so I can fuck his brains out, but that's lust and I'm married so I'd just rather play naked twister with my husband and have fun LOL.

If I see someone on the street that I find attractive, I get smiley and have to bite my lip to stop smiling. I tend to check out a lot of guys - I look at their face 1st, if I like what I see I move to their bodies. If that's good then I may want to get to know their personalities and could fantasize about them, but it stops there...

#9 browneyedgirl, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  10. FortunateSally

Hmmm for me attraction is when I find myself glancing a little longer at their lips when they speak, suddenly noticing their skin, their booty, how wide her hips are... It's almost like fascination turned to eleven. I suddenly find everything about her interesting and I find myself trying to remember bits about our conversation or her mannerisms once I've left or we've parted ways. I don't necessarily get butterflies but I do get sort of giggly and self conscious when I'm around someone I'm attracted to.

11. Nimun

For me it's usually "god I'd bang him/her". That's the only attraction I feel for anyone. I'm pretty sure once the hormones pipe down I'm gonna be a borderline asexual.

12. bitchstewie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You sound anything but Asexual !!

13. Estival

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For me, I like to look over at that person a lot, and appreciate how they look. Usually the thought "Wow, she's kind of hot" jumps into my head, too. I guess I mentally undress without the 'undress' part? Ha ha. I don't get overly nervous or anything - I'm in a pretty neutral state, so I've never felt 'butterflies'.

That's just my experience though.

14. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get all hot, nervous, butterflies and giddy. It's like they are the only person in the world at that moment. I tend to look at them a lot and check them out, but break eye contact if they catch me looking at them! You can't get them out of your head and thinking about them makes you smile and giggle

15. blackout456

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Cordelia, I love the way u think. :kiss:

16. Eric Dave

Eric Dave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Do any guys out there get a very intense feelign in your chest when you see a guy topless etc??

I am not sure if what is causing my reaction is anxiety or arousal or both or is it a conditioned response to fear when I see a guy. I dunno if its hocd or just being gay.

When I see a guy topless I get a fright and my groin and chest suddenly get very intense and I get a sexual arousal surge feeling down below. Its not an erection but it moves a little bit. Its not even a semi. To me its not an enjoyable feeling and feels like I have lost control of my body and am being raped almost. I feel I am being violated if that makes sense.

If this is actual arousal its scaring me and I dont want to feel like this. Its not enjoyable at all.

Is this what guys experience??

17. Lina13

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't know what arousal feels like for a guy :slight_smile:lol:slight_smile:, but I think you're anixious.

18. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never really had a physical reaction to someone I saw on the street, I have to have at least spoken to someone before, and know a little bit about their personality.

I don't know about guys, but I have often found a really intense attraction to be distressing and embarrassing. Just being so out of control of my body and having such a strong sensation in my gut bothers me, to the point where I often avoid people I am attracted to so that I don't have to feel it. I always feel that it must be so obvious because I blush like mad, my hands shake, and I can barely speak. I keep hoping that I'll grow out of it someday, but it hasn't happened yet although I can suppress the symptoms better now.

I've also had attractions that weren't quite so bad, those I've felt more in my head and nether regions instead of my gut, and I've felt more in control.

19. Lina13

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    From what I read here, that what I experience is quite seldom. If I feel nothing when I see the person the first time, it's very unlikely that I develop any feelings or attraction. To be honest, I always fall in love and experience strong sexual attraction at first sight. It's an intense and overhelming force. I guess I am an attraction-at-first-sight-sexual :lol:

20. bitchstewie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have sort of felt what you have mentioned, but the only time was when I was basically having a breakdown (due to heartbreak, caused by me questionung myself). I think you're not in the right state of mind, you need to calm down and stop worrying. Trust me, it feels bad, and when you're worried about something, it's almost like the mind plays tricks on you. So you wouldn't get the chest thing if you weren't bricking yourself.
    You need to sort it out mate, otherwise you will cause yourself some damage.