1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know how it's taken me so long to acknowledge I'm bi

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by strangeworld, Sep 6, 2014.

1. strangeworld

I'm 23 and I don't consider myself gay because I've always been physically and sexually attracted to men (I'm a female) but sometimes more than others there's also been a physical attraction to women that I've tried to suppress. I guess I've never done anything sexual with a woman because it would shift the way I "define" myself, but it's not something I want to ignore anymore. It seems like such a simple thing to say or admit but I haven't in the past and I don't know if this is a breakthrough moment or the start of more confusion...

2. lezbhonest

Hmmm i definitely think you should explore your attraction to females. EVeryone has different paths to discovering and accepting who they are. But how i look at, we live once, and you should go explore it before it is too late. Dont worry about labels right now, just follow your heart. allow yourself to feel attraction freely without judging yourself. I wish you the best of luck and have fun :slight_smile:

Could you maybe give me some advice my post title is under "Family, Friends, and Relationships" called "she has a "boyfriend" but is on the down low with me...?" thanks :slight_smile:

3. strangeworld

@lezbehonest (nice screen name haha), I read your thread and my heart goes out to you.. I think your girl is very much in denial and honestly if I started an intense sexual relationship with a female I might not know how to handle it either, which is partially why I'm hesitant to explore it.

But at the same time, it has to be acknowledged so... thanks for the advice :slight_smile: I'll try to post on your thread soon!

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just, remember that you have all the time you need to explore this. I never acknowledged myself as bi until I was around 32 and am always on an on going journey of self discovery.

The important thing I'd say is to take your time and try and be as honest with yourself as possible regardless of what you discover and where it leads you.

Happy days :slight_smile:

5. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At 23, I think you should be thrilled that you realized it this *early*!! Manymany bisexuals I've spoken with are in their 40s/50s/60s, and only just coming to grips...or not even quite coming to grips.