1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I gay or bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by tommycee, Sep 8, 2014.

1. tommycee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure if I'm gay or bi. I like guys a lot more than girls. I'm not that interested in girls, but I'm still willing to kiss them and stuff like that. I'm not very sexually attracted to girls, mostly romantic. But I think guys are really cute and sexy. If I had to guess my gayness, it would probably be about 80%. Do you think I'm really gay or bi?

2. SomeNights

No one can judge that besides you. However I will say forcing yourself inside a box is pretty hard to do. By that I mean you're taking sexuality, something that is very complicated and takes most people years to figure out and making it a yes/no question. It could be just that "you're more into guys, than girls". If I were you, I'd stop there and roll with it for a while. See how that fits :slight_smile:

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Couldn't have said it any better!

tommycee, orientation is not straight - bi - gay. There are so many things inbetween. (*hug*)

Cheers,

Quem

4. ChameleonSoul

You very well could be a biromantic homosexual, but it's completely up to you to decide what you want to label yourself as or if you want to label yourself at all. As everyone above me said, sexual orientation is really more of a spectrum. In the end though it's all up to you...

5. IrishEyes1989

I'm sort of experiencing the same dilemma at the moment, tommycee. I consider myself bisexual right now. Even though I am in a happy, stable relationship with a woman (and am much more attracted to women than to men), I would be lying if I said I don't find men attractive sometimes. I think for some of us it's just more difficult to figure out our orientation than for others. Up until my early twenties, I considered myself straight. I realized I was bisexual 3 years ago, and now I am questioning whether I should say I am a lesbian because it seems to confuse people less.

All of this comes down to labels, of course. If our society wasn't so obsessed with categorization, we wouldn't have to stress over things like this. Sexuality is fluid and we shouldn't have to worry about justifying our attraction to anyone.