1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to tell them so badly...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by EpicConfusion, Sep 9, 2014.

1. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every time my parents or siblings ask me if I like anyone, I have to lie and say no. I don't HAVE to necessarily, but I can't do it. I'm not totally comfortable with being gay myself! Much less having my family know. I know they will accept me, but there's still that doubt... I can't come out yet. It's too soon. I only discovered my attraction for men less than a full year ago, and I didn't admit it to myself until 6 months ago. Even then, I only thought I was bisexual. It wasn't until these last few weeks when I came to the realization that I am gay. I mean, I still had a girlfriend three months ago! To me, it seems like an eternity. I discovered my true self; I searched deep into my soul and found the answers I had been looking for. But to someone else, how can they understand and accept me if they know how fast these events occurred? I'm not ready to come out yet! But It just feels so wrong hiding this from the people I love...

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand you. You could try to hint, so that they can get used to the idea. For some parents, it can come as a total shock, but some parents don't really care that much.

If you're not ready, don't come out! Come out once you've fully accepted yourself and once you're comfortable with talking about your orientation. Your parents want you to be happy.

Cheers (*hug*)

3. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the support Quem (*hug*) :slight_smile: I think it is definitely going to be shocking because I have basically liked girls all my life until now. I'm sure that they will accept me though.