1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning, again.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Pulcheria, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Pulcheria

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, all. :slight_smile: Here with a few thoughts/questions, wondering if anyone can relate.

After spending most of my life assuming I was straight, given exclusively dating and having mostly happy relationships with men, I recently came out as bi after becoming involved with a female co-worker. We've been together for about two months now and we really, really like each other. I feel the big L word coming on.

This relationship was really unexpected. I hadn't closed myself off to the idea of dating a woman, but I had never met anyone I was attracted to enough to want to, so I thought it would never happen. She knocked me entirely off-balance and had me agonizing over what to wear to work within days of exchanging our first hellos.

Lately, I've been questioning my orientation again. I still have a lot of fantasies as always, but they have become exclusively populated by women. It's really difficult for me to imagine being happy again with a man and I don't check them out the way I used to. I don't feel that "Oooh, he's cute" tingle when I see a guy I'd normally find attractive. I don't know if that's because I am so smitten with my girlfriend, or if it's because I am turning away from men altogether. I suppose I never imagined I could be a full-on lesbian because I have felt intense sexual/romantic attraction to men for years. Looking back though, even in the honeymoon phase of my previous relationships, there was always a 'but' with regard to my attraction/affection for them, and despite my current relationship being so new, I don't feel that way with my girlfriend at all. I adore everything about her. And sexually...well, there's a definite difference there too. I feel much more satisfied with her than I ever have with a man.

What do you think of this? Got any similar experiences/advice to share? I know I don't have to have it figured out ASAP...just wanted to get these thoughts out there and start working to make some sense of them.