1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl in love with boy, unsure of sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lilypad, Sep 12, 2014.

1. lilypad

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have identified as bi-sexual since I was 11. Ive been with my share of guys and girls. Been in love with guys before. Only one girl. I have questioned being a lesbian before. Im more attracted to girls, the sex is better with girls and it feels different. I absolutely love my boyfriend so much and I get aroused by him and we have great sex too but I can't stop doubting myself. Sometimes I feel like I`m faking it without even being conscious of it. I`m scared and trying to figure this out. I told my boyfriend that I`m not sure and he is very supportive. I`ve looked up everything about being a lesbian and some things I read say that it`s common as a lesbian to date guys that are all very sensitive or feminine, which I have. I don`t know. This probably isn`t enough information to help figure it out but anything would be good right now. If anyone has advice on how to know, or what it feels like, or whatever, please post. Thanks

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:

Am I Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgender?

There is sexual attraction and romantic attraction...

and some people, for example some bisexual people or some queer people, even say they do not fall in love with a gender but a person...

there are differences in relationships with men and women...

I'd say take your time...
    (*hug*)

3. lilypad

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks jay777. I appreciate the link. It`s interesting to say the least. I am so confused. I am definitely feeling romantic feeling for my boyfriend and have for other guys in the past, and the sex can be really good, but a lot of the time, it feels kind of like just the expected thing to do when you love a man. This hurts so much, because the last thing I want is to not be with him. I`m going crazy.

4. coolasacucumber

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I really feel for you because I have gone through what you're going through.

I have certainly felt very strong romantic feelings for at least 2 men, but my sexual feelings tend to be more towards women.

At first I thought that all straight girls found girls sexually attractive, especially as the media has glorified having sex with women solely for experimentation and nothing more. So I thought I was simply a straight or bisexual woman who wanted sex with women. Although I enjoyed sex with my boyfriend of the time, I still felt that something was missing and felt trapped in my relationship. I have never liked penis or penetration either! However, I again thought that was true of all women coz I've read countless articles on how lots of women can only have clitoral orgasms and come through foreplay.

It wasn't until I met my first girlfriend that my romantic and sexual orientation began to match and I realised that I felt much happier with the prospect of having a relationship with a woman, so I now identify as lesbian.

However, everyone is different and you don't need to rush to make a decision on what label to stamp onto yourself! In time, your life experiences and feelings will make the decision for you xxxx

---------- Post added 13th Sep 2014 at 12:20 AM ----------

Ps: if you're still in love with your boyfriend and he is being supportive, then there's no reason for you to not continue enjoying it for now and just see what happens, as long as you're honest with him.

However, ask yourself if you feel happy in your relationship or trapped from going out with girls. Again, you don't have to make a snap decision, just bear the question in mind, and eventually it will be your gut that answers that question for you.

xxxx

5. lilypad

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The thought of being with a girl day in and day out seems unlikely and strange to me. I mean, Ive had girlfriends before but Ive never met a girl I could spend as much time with as I do my boyfriend without going crazy. Plus I feel safe and taken care of with guys more than girls. I dont know. Im so stressed because I just want to love him and be happy and it feels like I cant.