1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay, and feel uncomfortable around girls

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wolfy1, Sep 13, 2014.

1. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    im a gay guy, and put my self at a 5 on the Kinsey scale. i think this is strange, i am 100% comfortable around guys.. even ones who i like...although i do get shy and get a little weird around ones i like. i am comfortable around girls who i know or who is known by some one i know. i kind of feel uncomfortable around girls who i don't know. idk why. i am not sexually attracted to them, and i know im not.. i dont get any feeling in that sort of way when i see them. im not going to deny that i get a little turned on by a girls cleavage, witch is why i place my self at a 5 on the scale, but past that i have no sexual attraction, or desires to girls.

my first initial thought is im attracted to them is why im uncomfortable.. but, lately i have been analyzing myself when this happens and notice that i feel nothing toward them but just being uncomfortable. like say that she was one of my fiends friend (and i did not know) that i have never met... then got introduced and all.... i would feel comfortable again. i have been like this since i was a little kid... idk why.

idk if this has anything to do with sexuality, but i thought it could, so i thought i would check and see what others though... maybe i am and have always been weird :lol:

Bono1995 likes this.
  2. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have the same problem, i don't have anything against girls plus I have cousin and family who are girls of course.But when its girls im not related too i just get really uncomfortable, even hostile and adverse to them and i don't want to be. I think it has to do with me being so comfortable, close and sexually attracted to boys that i see females as aliens.

3. Mikoto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same problem here, but mines more of a 'your going to steal my man with ur beehind' kind of feel. I don't get this feeling around any of my friends tho, and they're all girls

4. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Me too! As a a male who is attracted to men i sometimes feel like i'm competing with women for male attention. When a girls says hi to or talks to a cute a guy i like i get REALLY jealous because i can't know if the guy is gay or not so until i know for sure that he is straight i will have a telephatic beef with those girls.

#4 Chromedome, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  5. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    omg, i know exactly what you mean. it feels so good to know that im not the only one like that. i also sometimes see females as aliens, although i try not to, too much lol.

maybe its just us being awkward since were so comfortable being around guys. :roflmao:

Bono1995 likes this.
  6. Gfig

Gfig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Idk just a theory here,
    Straight guys tend to be comfortable around girls they dont know...because they are only sexually attracted to girls but a lot of straight guys arent too comfortable around other men, especially ones they view as competition
    You are comfortable around guys...who you are sexually attracted to. So maybe that has something to do with it?
    almost all of my friends are girls and i dont like talking to guys because i like some of them...

7. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am uncomfortable around guys who are gay or who i think are gay because I'm speculating whether they are really gay and if they like me as i don't want to embarrass myself infront of them and i want to get close and impress them. But i have no problem around for sure straight guys because even if they are attractive to me their straightness kills my attraction to them so im not tense around them. I have so little female contact outside relatives that i have nothing much to say about them.

8. Ashestopheonix

Unknown Girl here lol

I can relate to the flip side of this. when I was little I had both guy and girl friends. but like come high school, after a certain point if I didn't already know the guy they were pretty much aliens to me too.

I like to look at a guy from the torso up but I'm not sexually attracted them. but I always wondered if that's why I was uncomfortable, aside from the fact that they are so foreign to me.

9. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I'm the same around men.. and I know why. I don't want them to think i'm straight or think I like them. Because I LOVE women. And being a ''cute'' feminine lesbian men think i'm like some super straight penis lover. I'm not. I like girls.. and for them to think I like guys kind of pisses me off. Especially when i'm too scared to tell them the truth in my town because it's small and the word would get around fast.

I have a disgusting, nasty girl I went to school with i'd rather not hear from these days.. though she's fat and looks like a prostitute compared to me I still have feelings and would rather not get attacked for liking women. She only hated me because I was kind of shy in primary school! I had friends but she was some work! I'd hit her if she started with me again.

Don't worry you're not alone. Alot of Lesbians feel the same around guys. :thumbsup:

10. Kabuki

I actually feel like that sometimes around girls I don't know. It could be something unconscious, like since they are competition we unconsciously feel threaten by them and it sort of reflects as discomfort? That's just a theory here hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But yeah, I do understand you. Sometimes, when I see one looking at me, I think that maybe they are evaluating me and thinking "this guy is not competition" hahaha I must have a very big imagination, but that's how I feel their gaze to mean sometimes.

11. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I have no adverse reactions when guys look at me but when girls look at me in like " who she thinks she's staring at!"

12. Kabuki

Hahaha yeah! I'm totally different when guys are looking at me, I'm always checking them out if they do that, and if I like how he looks I smile like an idiot.

13. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    haha i know what you mean. i was out eating dinner with my mom and sister( who don't know im gay)and i had some girl do a double take at me, and i just laughed, and thought "if only she knew lol"

14. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I've had men do this. If only they knew. I can't really stand it when guys check me out.

15. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ohmygod! I'm not alone! I feel so damn awkward around girls and it's kinda making me angry. I'm just like Brain. Brain what Ru doin. Brain staph! I'm not interested!

16. Voltaren

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've contemplated this for a while and I'm still not sure; was it my apprehension and nervousness around girls that eventually compelled me to find solace in the company of other guys.. or was it my attraction to guys that made me nervous around girls..I still don't know which came first..Also, when I am talking to a girl, especially someone who I don't know, I feel as though others are judging me for 'flirting' with her and I feel like I have to try to be exceptionally careful with my eyes lol - I always feel like saying - its okay everyone, I'm not flirting with her, I am GAY. But, naturally, I can't do that haha

17. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    While i do find girls pretty, the majority of the celebrities and singers I follow on social media are female, i see them in a music video and stuff and say they are so pretty and that dress looks great, She's a godess etc but i just have feeling of apprehension and adversity when im around females in real life.

18. Kabuki

I can definitely admire a woman's beauty. I love the woman features and the way they carry themselves, they are just gorgeous. I always say "it's too bad I'm completely gay and not bisexual" because there are a lot of beautiful women out there and here I am having a difficult time looking for an attractive gay or bi guy that likes me back when all those girls exist and I feel nothing for them.

19. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Exactly I like female beauty and style but I'm unfortunately not attracted to them. I would say she looks today the same way I'd say a butterfly flower or a painting was pretty.

20. Kabuki

Completely the same here Chrome :lol: Unfortunate indeed.