1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It Important?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by yosquidgy, Sep 14, 2014.

1. yosquidgy

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been doing a lot of thinking (and talking to my therapist) and I feel as though I may be asexual. I crave love, but without the necessity of all the intimate details. I don't mind kissing and cuddling, I am in fact a huge cuddler. But, when it comes to sex or anything without clothes I'm just not with it. I don't get excited about it, I don't look forward to it after a hard day at work. It's something that I have only semi-enjoyed once in my life and that was with a person I felt I was in love with very deeply, and honestly still am. I think I only enjoyed it though because I know how happy it made him and how much he enjoyed it. However, I still dont like it. Me and him broke up a year ago, and are talking again and he's told me that he sees himself marrying me. I'd love to marry him to, but I don't know if my lack of sexual need will put forth a problem in the future. Is this something that would be important to talk to him about now? and if so how would I even approach the subject without scaring him off? :help: :confused: :eusa_liar

2. Luminous

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's totally up to you whether or not to tell him about it, but it might be a good idea. If you are fine having sex with him, you can tell him that too, but it might be better to lay it all out in the open so that you don't feel like you're hiding it from him. I wish I could be more help, but I've only really come out as asexual to my close friends, all of whom are very educated on sexualities (and half of whom are queer) so it was easier for me in that area, though I was still pretty nervous about it. If you do decide to tell him, you might want to prepare yourself beforehand because he will probably have questions and you'll want to be able to answer them to the best of your ability to help him understand better.

3. yosquidgy

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    any feedback and advice helps, thank you. its much appreciated.