1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you relate?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Elementsroyalty, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Elementsroyalty

I find that I will have days even weeks where I'm convinced I'm gay. I will feel happy, because I think I've finally figured myself out.
    But then, a member of the opposite will appear and all that certainty is gone and I'm back to questioning myself. It could be a guy I got on really well, or a hot guy in the street.
    It's just, I know I like women, but with men...there is so much confusion. Every time I'm near a guy, I can't quite work out what I'm feeling. I feel nervous, but don't get giddy like I do when I'm attracted to someone. And... I don't quite know.
    Can you relate?

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps your sexuality is a little more fluid than others'. I'm bisexual, but don't really relate to this honestly, but that doesn't matter. I've read stories about others who said the same as you just did. (*hug*)

3. Ryujin

This used to happen with me all the time. It's very annoying but you have to trust yourself.
    I went through this as bisexual though, I'm not sure if it's different from you.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Honestly I can't relate to this at all .
    But I know I'll get hate for saying this, but maybe you aren't gay but mulitsexual :confused:
    can't say bi or pans because that's a dirty word to say now days or to suggest anyone might be so mulitsexual is a safe word
    I don't notice hot guys on the street yeah I can tell their hot but I don't feel attraction to them .

#4 stocking, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  5. TheStormInside

I can definitely relate. I know for sure I'm attracted to women, it's a very obvious feeling. With guys I on occasion find one attractive, and I've had a couple guy crushes, but the feelings for guys are much less frequent and much much less intense. I'm not positive it's the best term for me but for now I consider myself a lesbian because while I do occasionally find a guy attractive I still don't have any desire to sleep with them. If you're familiar with the Kinsey Scale, I guess a shorter way to put it is I consider myself a "Kinsey 5 Lesbian."

6. Elementsroyalty

I originally labelled myself as a lesbian, but because I am occasionally attracted to guys, I felt it didn't quite fit. Also, bisexual didn't work for me either because my feelings for men are a lot weaker. I think the best label for me at the moment is homoflexible. It means being mainly attracted to the same-sex, but occasionally the opposite-sex.

7. TheStormInside

Homoflexible seems to make sense, too. Would you still want to have a physical/sexual relationship with a guy? Or do you just find them good looking? For me, with guys, it always feels like "Look, but don't touch." Women, on the other hand, it's like "Yes, please!" :lol: .

8. Elementsroyalty

I actually rarely find guys good-looking. It's more that I want to connect emotionally with some guys. I wouldn't mind hugging and maybe kissing them, but sex is out of the question.
    With girls, I really want to be intimate with them and have romantic and physical relationships.

9. TheStormInside

That sounds pretty similar to the feelings I have about some men, as well, though it seems fairly rare for me to meet a guy I really want to connect with in that way. Another term I've seen is biromantic gay or biromantic lesbian, which basically means you're romantically attracted to both men and women but only sexually attracted to the same sex. Personally I find all of the different labels a little confusing and difficult to explain, which is why I've stuck with just "gay" or "lesbian" for myself. I think with a guy I would be happy with a deep friendship, really I'd prefer it that way, but with a woman I'd want more than that. I've only come out to a couple of people so far, and basically have just explained my feelings rather than using more obscure labels. But of course everyone feels differently on the subject, and I have no issue with those who do choose to use those terms to refer to themselves.

#9 TheStormInside, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  10. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can definitely relate. It sounds weird, but I just mentally remind myself I'm gay. There's still that doubt though... Every time I see a cute girl.

11. bwayinabox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello! I can relate.... I'm going through the same time, though I tend to have much stronger emotional feelings with guys. I get the giddy/nervous thing around them and stuff. It's funny because I really want to be gay.....