1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual? Lesbian? Just bicurious?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ava505, Sep 18, 2014.

1. ava505

Out Status:
    Some people
    Basically, I'm thinking that I'm probably bisexual (??) but would really love some help from those of you who have already discovered their sexuality. Oh, and I'm a 16 year old girl, by the way.

The first time I remember having some attraction to a girl was very young, maybe 10 or 11ish. I used to daydream about kissing a girl. I remember just going and googling “hot girls” - not necessarily a sexual way yet, just because I liked looking at them. I would daydream about guys too, but not as much.

I started getting crushes on boys at like 12. I don't remember ever really having crushes on girls around then, but there was some serious girl idolization which may have bordered on actual liking. 13ish I had my first few girl crushes. But that's all they were - very small crushes, ones that I didn't even recognize as crushes at the time. But a little later, around 14ish, I started having some actual crushes on girls. I've really liked two girls. One in particular stands out the most because I really liked her more than a lot of the guys that I'd liked in the past. It didn't feel like a 'just friends' thing at all to me. The feeling of hanging out with her, spending afternoons at her house playing music and messing around on youtube, I still remember very clearly. So far, though, the person I've definitely liked the most (maybe even been in love with) was a guy.

So I had my first sexuality crisis around the age of 13. Somewhere around there, I started wondering if I might be bisexual. I've had one of these every few months for the past 2 ½ years or so. It usually goes away when I like a guy, I think because then I can push the idea of girls completely to the back of my head. I've read hundreds of article and watched hundreds of youtube videos about how people discovered they are gay/bi. The thing is also that it really feels different from being a fierce advocate for equal rights and wanting my friends to be able to come out and having no issue with it and considering doing it myself. The idea that I might actually be bi/gay myself terrifies me beyond belief.

I've never dated a girl (just because I don't know where to meet them/how to even do that without my parents finding out), but I've dated 3 guys. The only 'relationship' I've been in was a 2 week long thing at a summer camp. I've made out with 4 guys and really liked all but one of those times. When it comes down to it, I think that I'm romantically and physically about equally attracted to girls and boys, but sexually more attracted to girls. I don't know if it's just that I'm too young and not really ready to have sex, but the idea of doing it with a guy sounds kinda scary. I can imagine myself in a relationship with either sex pretty easily.

So...yeah. Um. Opinions? Do you think I'm bi? I mean, I know it's all person and I'm the only one that can really know, but I'd love some other opinions. :icon_bigg

2. SquirrelGirl

I can definitely relate to this. From your experiences it sounds like you might be bisexua. At this point I would just be open to relationships with either gender and just see how you feel about being in relationships with either. If you're looking for a girlfriend maybe try and get involved in some LGTBQ events because even if you do end up with a man this part of you probably will never go away and you should start accepting it.

3. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say you are bisexual because you had feelings for girls and guys physically (more or less) and romantically. If you are bisexual it does not mean you have to be 50/50 women/men. You can prefer one gender more than another, it is normal. :slight_smile: