1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for my fellow bisexuals

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ERA, Sep 21, 2014.

1. ERA

ERA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know it's perfectly normal to be more attracted to one sex than the other, but I was wondering if anyone else found they where much more selective about one sex than the other. For women, I like tall women, petite women, dark hair, light hair, etc. But for guys, I only find myself attracted to really manly guys with muscles, rugged looks, and dark hair. And usually only with a full beard as well.

2. AsheTheHuman

I'm kind of the same way, except I really am attracted to the opposite with guys. Beards are a huge turn off for me, personally. I guess you could say I like more feminine guys. Little to no body hair, not really huge bulking muscles, long-ish hair. All that said, I do find guys to be more attractive at the end of the day. So, I'm typically more attracted to females, but when I am attracted to a male, I'm REALLY attracted.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I'm very demisexual and I care much more about the personality. I cannot really give an honest answer here, it depends so much on the person him/herself.. I'm sorry!

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think any kind of variation in levels of attraction and in what you find attractive in men vs. women is completely normal. For some bisexual guys, another guy's cock is all they care about...so they can be selective with women, but virtually any guy with a cock will do for their purposes. I'm sure this cuts similarly in lots of directions.

5. Will2M

I am pretty picky about both guys and girls... I fall more for personality than looks though so I guess it really depends. But I definitely have a type for guys... less so for girls

6. spemat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    personally, I have had periods where I was more interested in men and periods where I was more interested in women and sometimes it was fairly equal. I just let my heart and attraction and feelings do the talking but bisexuality is a bit of an umbrella so I can only speak for my approach to it.

7. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, that's my experience as well. But I've also noticed a shift in this lately. I used to be much more selective when it came to guys. They had to be really effeminate, soft and lovely like a woman, for me to feel attracted to them. But now, I am attracted to a wider range of guys, although I'm still a sucker for the effeminate types...can't help that. But still, what really matters to me is someone's spirit, their kindness, playfulness, the expression in their eyes, rather than their appearance. With women, well I can feel attracted to heaps of them but I don't seek them out for some reason. This weird situation has persisted for almost six months. I'm a bi who feels attracted to more girls I meet, than to guys I meet, as far as sheer numbers go - I'm less 'picky' when it comes to women - but - I'm simply not seeking to be with a woman at present. (Excepting pure friendship, of course. :slight_smile: ) But when I meet or interact with a guy I feel drawn to - I really do want to be with him, I mean, sexually intimate; it's intense at present.

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2014 at 01:21 PM ----------

Cocks are lovely (well, mostly), but gosh there's more to a guy than just that...I mean, you can't hold a decent conversation with a cock...you can't look at a sunset with a cock...a cock is just a cock, it's only one part of a man, it's not the be-all-and-end-all. (I know you were not implying it was, but I'm surprised if some guys see it this way!)

#7 Damien, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  8. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, I wasn't talking about you or about me. But I've talked to and heard from a lot of bisexual men, and this is not an uncommon view (though it's hardly universal, or even the majority).

I suspect that if my society was a bit less fucked up regarding sex generally and sexuality in particular, this attitude might be a good deal less common.

9. Blossom85

I am much the same, I could fall for any one depending on their personality.. I can find someone sexy completely based on their personality, if they have a beautiful personality, then it just enhances their outside features to me.. If someone is extremely sexy or gorgeous on the outside, but have a terrible and bad personality, then that person becomes unattractive to me.

10. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow this is so much like me! I am exactly the same. I realise I'm not the only one who thinks and feels this way.. Thank you. (*hug*)

11. MightNeedThis

/i'm with you! I have more of a preference for how guys look than girls, and I don't really know why. That being said, I've dated guys who look physically fairly different as far as height and weight is concerned, but i don't think it's weird to have more of a preference with one gender than the other. Not to mention, I feel like girls can have such varying styled fashion-wise, and with guys the variations aren't as dramatic. Does that make sense?

12. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh yeah, tall funny girls and guys with a really cool personality

13. Alpha78

Out Status:
    A few people
    I could fall for a woman with a great personality but I wouldnt have sexual desire for them. Guys, its quite the opposite since I could barely fall for a guy but have a strong attraction to them (especially if they have muscular arms )

14. PinkCammelia90

Forgive the phrasing: 'Different strokes for different folks' (so it goes...)

I'm rarely sexually attracted to men, but when I am, they tend to be tall and broad (think rugby-player build), with stubble or a beard, and a little rough-and-ready. My sexuality is quite fluid between bisexuality and homosexuality, but my bisexual side is often reaffirmed by being around very, very masculine men i.e. like tall, attractive tradesmen.

When it comes to women, however, I'm pretty broadly attracted to soft butch-to-high femme girls. I have a long-standing crush on Sue Perkins (GBBO), but my first girlfriend was very bohemian-femme. I love the curvature of female bodies and I always have, the gender expression that couples with that only ever seems to add to the elegance of it all for me. Women are beautiful, and sensual, gorgeous creatures in whatever shape they come in as far as I'm concerned, but I have my preferences like everyone else.

Emotionally, I'm pretty equally drawn to men and women. I usually fall for the bad girl with a heart, or the socially awkward nerdy guy.

I've recently been watching The IT Crowd and I think I'm in love with Roy hahaha. Did I mention that I love an accent?

15. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Well, I've always been very visual, but lately I feel more connection to the personality than the looks. I mean, if someone is hot I'll always look, say at actors like Taylor Kitsch (Battleship) or I've always liked Angelina Jolie, but for face-to-face, it's more about the connection and chemistry. :slight_smile:

Actually, I was so hurt when my friends and family dropped me after I came out that I haven't even flirted in a year. I'm still not really ready to get out there, but it's getting better now. :slight_smile: