1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discreet Dating?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by IG88, Sep 24, 2014.

1. IG88

I've been wondering...what if a way to confirm/deny that I'm gay is to go out on a date with a guy?

Is there a safe, discreet way of doing this? I'm not looking for sex, just a safe place to explore how I feel romantically with a guy. Any dating site recomendations? Btw, I've never used a dating site/app before, so idk what to expect.

2. Skov

It probably won't help confirm/deny anything honestly. Dating is just an action, the underlying attraction is what determines your sexual orientation. I've been on dates with guys that I haven't really felt anything for, and there are guys I've never been on dates with that I'm infatuated with.

As far as the apps go, they are interesting to say the least. It seems like a lot of them are full of guys just wanting to hook up. There are guys that don't as well, but be prepared to deal with guys that do. Also, beware of catfishes.

3. seeking

I agree with the post above.... I think going on a date won't solidify if your attracted to someone or not, but at the same time it might help you act on you sexual interest and emotional interest. So i say go on a date because you are ready to meet a wonderful man or to express your sexuality.

Knowing your sexuality comes from attractions both emotionally and mentally and even looking over past experience. If you feel you are gay..then maybe express it and see where it takes you. But, dating someone won't prove anything about your self...dating is more about expressing self and desires.

Also a lot of these dating sites got flakey people or just booty calls. There are far inbetween taking it seriously.

Hope i helped a little!

4. IG88

Thanks! I may or may not do the app dating. Perhaps visiting my uni's LGBT club will help. If I ever get the balls for it.

5. shinji

shinji Guest

Stay away from dating apps, dating websites, gay bars, etc... You want to find out if you're gay, you do NOT want to have a one night stand that would probably confuse you even more and make you feel used and cheap.

My advice? Stop "questioning" yourself and just allow your feelings to develop, in time, you'll have your answer. Just don't push. In time, when you have your first boy crush or girl crush... or both, you'll kind of get an idea of your own sexuality.