1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I not confused anymore?..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SillyLily, Sep 24, 2014.

1. SillyLily

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey guys,

So I've been questioning my sexuality since I was about 16. 6 years now. Well not questioning, because I've always done a pretty good job at "knowing" that I'm straight. But I've always debated in the back of my head how it would be with a girl.

I had a threesome with a guy and another girl when I was 17. And both were attractive, but I didn't enjoy the sex with her as much as I would've expected to. Maybe because I just wasn't physically attracted to her. Since then I guess I was convinced that I am straight.

I've had good experiences with guys, and just as many bad ones. But none of them ended in something I'd be able to do for the rest of my life. I feel as if they were just the wrong guys but at the same time, sex has only been enjoyable until a certain extent - I would get bored with it much before it'd be over and usually fake my satisfaction.

Over the years I've made a few gay friends, both male and female, and each one of them stated that they're convinced that I am at least bi. I've been catching myself appreciating the female body, but did notice that certain, less feminine lesbian girls - I am attracted to at times.

I've made out with girls as a joke before, on drinking nights, and never thought anything of it. They were all girly girls though...can I say not my type? I don't know what my type is though. Or maybe I do. I went a little further with a girl this summer, and I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. Then I met another girl (a few months later, after the first experience was confirmed to not have worked out), who is absolutely beautiful and we kissed. And it was fantastic!(sparks and the whole nine yards) But it was on a night when I was quite a few drinks in, so let's leave some room for exaggerated emotions.

My problem is that a close girlfriend of mine (who is much more knowledgeable about being with girls) stated that I should really sit down and think about my sexuality, because if it isn't really what I think it is, then I would end up hurting either myself and/or someone else. She also told me that girls being with girls is a completely different ball game. Much harder and more complicated. And that freaks me out beyond belief.

I'm now panicking because I'm afraid I'm telling myself that I'm attracted to girls because maybe I'm subconsciously stubborn and want to prove my friend wrong; because it hasn't been working out with guys... But I really don't think that's the case! It can't be.

I'm also worried that I'm realizing that I'm bisexual too late. While everyone has already mastered the "skills" of dating, I don't even know where to start.

My thinking about this has been growing at rapid speeds, and has come to the point that I am over-stressing it now.

Please help. I need guidance!
    Thank you.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:
    Am I Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgender?

There is romantic attraction and sexual attraction...
    some bi people have a preference for one gender...

There are differences in relationships with women and men, but that does not make it harder...

I'd say take your time and explore your emotions...

and it's never too late...

just relax...

(*hug*)