1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Answers: Possible Lesbian

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by JGurl, Sep 25, 2014.

1. JGurl

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey,
    I'm 22, female, an very confused. I was raised in a strict Christian family and was taught love happens between a man and a woman. I believed that until I was about 17, I started being attracted to a girl who at the time was my friend. I never told her and I just tried to ignore myself. But lately it's been getting harder to do that. I haven't told anyone about how I feel because I am scared too and honestly I would try to figure out who I am by myself and be sure before I let anyone know. I am really attracted to women in anyway possible. Like sexually and emotionally, more attractive to them instead of men. I even can see myself with a women, giving her the world, and making sure she is happy.

I've been wanting to experiment just to gather assurance for myself. But it's hard to find someone who will. When I try to reach out I really don't know how and I freeze. Any advice?

2. seeking

Is there an lgbt center at a university/college you may be going to? Or an lgbt center in a near by city? A lot of lgbt centers have like events at night for those in the community like bingo night, art gallery event, game night, etc. you could also always check out dating sites...some people think its a good thing to try, some don't. Totally up to what you're looking for exactly. You're 22....so a near by city might have a lesbian/gay club that you could enter. Speed dating for lesbians have become kinda big in my area..could always check that out.

I hope this answered your question a little. Just take baby steps..flirt at first for a while and then when you have the nerve you could then start asking people out. Just go as slow as you need to go to enter the community near you or to find a girl to date.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever tried online dating? When I first started dating women, online dating was easier for me because I could date women at my own pace. If I was interested in someone, I'd send them a message like, "Hey, how are you?" So, I kept things really simple because I was afraid of my feelings. I knew that they were many women on this particular dating site who were also new to the idea of dating a woman, so I didn't feel pressured. Not only that, you can remain discreet, which IMO may not be a good idea.

However, I will admit that when I first signed up for a dating site, I hid my profile because I freaked out. In that moment of searching for women in my area, things got real and you know, I didn't want to lead anyone on because I was not ready.

That's all I have sadly, and because where I live, there are no LGBT centers. I mean, there are a few, but they're kind of far out, plus I'd hate going alone.

#3 pinklov3ly, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  4. derek994

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm kind of in the same situation. Not as strict as an upbringing, but I've recently been thinking more and more about my attraction to men. As far as everyone knows, I'm straight, but these thoughts aren't new to me.

I know this wasn't advice at all, and I apologize for that. Just wanted to let you know that it's something that I can relate to and you're not alone.

---------- Post added 26th Sep 2014 at 11:03 AM ----------

Also, Texas!

5. JGurl

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks you guys. All of your words are more then what I've received in the past. I will look into all you have said. Thank you for your support.