1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bisexual, or just curious?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Fafner, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Fafner

Hi,

I've just recently been able to come to terms with the fact that I seem to be at least somewhat attracted to guys. I've had crushes on girls for as long as I can remember, and I can't remember ever being conflicted about homosexuality, so I don't really know why I've been suppressing it for this long. I've never had any kind of romantic or sexual relationship (which is sad enough in its own right), so I find it really difficult to understand whether or not my attraction towards guys is just curiosity or something real. Up until this point I've never had any doubt that I'm straight. I still don't have any doubt that I'm attracted to women, but now I'm starting to think I might be bi. I know this isn't very coherent, but I guess what I'm asking is, how can I know for sure that this is something more than just curiosity, and do any of you have any advice on coming to terms with it?

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    How to come to terms with it? Stop thinking so hard. If you look at some guys and are genuinely interested, not just "I can admit that they look nice", then you're probably bisexual. The fact that you're saying "I'm starting to think I might be bi" means you're already starting to come out to yourself.

3. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Join the club buddy :grin:

4. Will2M

Well as a person who has fully accepted that I am bi and have told several people I will try to give you some advice.

FancyGummy has some good points and I would like to build on one of them. I know that I am bi because I can look at guys and think "wow, he is really hot" as Gummy said. However, it is much more than that. When I see a guy I wonder what a future could be like with him. I imagine cuddling and sleeping with him and seeing him and smiling everyday because he makes me so happy.

Obviously I am a fair bit further along in the process than you so what I just wrote may seem crazy to you. Another way I was able to tell was enjoying the experimenting, to be honest. I don't know how old you are so I don't know if "experimenting" is still possible for you. Just one thing that was able to help me.

Message me if you have any other questions, I enjoy helping people and know what you are feeling is confusing, I have been there too. Good luck!

5. Fafner

Thanks all, sorry if I sound negative. I'm not quite there yet where I can admit that I find a guy attractive, and just the he "looks nice", but I really think I'm just denying it myself. I'm a classic overthinker.

6. Blossom85

I couldn't say anything better then this.

I hope you are able to find your way through the confusion ghorgh.. It might take some time and I am sure when you are you will know it, just I think stop over thinking and just be open minded.

7. claiire

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey man, I'm pretty much going through the exact same thing as you, feels good to hear I'm not the only one hahaha.

8. Jayxoxo

I think straight guys can be like "Oh wow, he's a pretty attractive guy" and it mean just that, he's attractive with no other hidden meaning. However, with girls (since you stated that you were straight) you probably think above and beyond when "checking" them out - like "we can go on this date and do that and hold hands and kiss and then f%&k (lol)" but if you don't do that with a guy, then you're probably straight but have a tiny bit of curiosity for those dreamy guys.

Also..if this "attractiveness" towards other guys happens to most guys that people would deem attractive, like constantly...then it's probably more than just curiosity. Either way, express yourself :slight_smile:

#8 Jayxoxo, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  9. Fafner

Thanks :slight_smile: Based on what you said, and also based on how much more at ease I've felt, these days after I joined this forum, I'm pretty sure I'm bi.