1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going around the bend

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by glassy, Sep 27, 2014.

1. glassy

glassy Guest

So last night I fucked up, and big time.

I am married. My wife and I have been together for ten years, we don't have any children

I have had sexual encounters with other men before in my life as well, and consider myself to be pretty much into either gender, I find men and women equally as attractive and never shared this with anyone who wasn't the guy I was sharing the encounters with.

My wife doesn't even know.

Anyway a little over a year ago I started working with this new guy at work, he is 100% straight and a single father, he and I didn't really get along in the beginning, our friendship was work related only and to be honest I thought he was pretty judgemental about the fact that I'm no where near as athletic as he is. However he had moved here from another state out of necessity and he didn't know anyone here so I thought I would make an effort to get to know him - I have a few friends and at the very least I thought I might be able to get to know him and then direct him to some people with things in common with him (we don't have a lot in common)

About six months after we started talking I really took to the guy - we don't have any hobbies or even interests in common, but fuck, he's a really genuinely nice guy and he is quite good looking. He's got a tonne of confidence, something I don't have, and shit... we clicked. I did not expect that, but it was ok, we became fast friends.

I thought everything was ok, I have been married for years but while I notice other men I have never felt the slightest urge to cheat on my wife at all, I sort of saw in the same way that a heterosexual man marries a woman and stops feeling the need to sleep with other women I guess, I mean I have always felt that being with a man is not exactly the same as being with a woman (you know what I mean, I'm not being crass) but despite it feeling like a relationship with either gender is something different rather than the same thing, I have never felt the need to 'feed the beast' as it were and enjoy both sides of the coin.

Until he went on holidays. He went interstate for a week to see his home town and I was fricken destroyed. I missed him. A lot. I don't even know where it came from but I felt a despair I have never felt when my wife is on business trips or whatever. I really genuinely missed him like a whole in my chest. And I didn't exactly know how to respond to that.

When he got back from his holidays I decided promptly that his offers to work out with me and get me more active were my new number one priority, I never considered it might be entirely to just spend more time with him but in the coming months we started hanging out ALOT and it wasn't for a while but eventually it hit me;

I am fucking attracted to this guy, and big time.

I instantly hated myself for it. I am a married man, this isn't right, I love my wife I am attracted to my wife and we had been trying to have a baby, what the fuck was I doing thinking about another PERSON this way let alone ANOTHER MAN.

I got very angry with myself. I spend ALOT of one on one time with him at work and we wrestle and joke and hit each other its all very blokey bloke and it was great, I enjoyed it, he seemed to enjoy it, and I was happy that he had found a friend in me. Because I had found in him someone that I wanted in my life. But now it was like a poisoned dagger every time I was around him. I was physically and emotionally attracted to this guy and I was actively toning my own physique to try and match him because I wanted to impress him. I wanted to be attractive to him even though I knew he wasn't into it.

My anger tore me up inside, and eventually I wasn't able to hide it anymore, I did a lot of research online and I followed all the advice, avoid him, don't idolise him, look for his faults and try to focus on them, move on move on move on. Problem was I am married, this wasn't like getting over someone to find someone else, I had someone else, and I love him dearly, but I couldn't get him out of my mind. Eventually I couldn't even look at him at work and I didn't want to touch him anymore so the wrestling abruptly stopped and I could see that that seemed to hurt him.

After a week of this he started asking me what was wrong, and I told him nothing but I knew he wouldn't accept that. Out of no where he says to me "I already know what is wrong, just come out and say it" I was crushed and out right pissed off with myself because I thought I had been careful but he knew how I felt about him which meant somewhere along the lines I hadn't conducted myself properly and he had figured it out.

Fucking awesome.

I tried not to talk to him about it, but he pursued it and eventually we did. He explained to me that he had known for a little while and that while he was absolutely and indefinitely 100% straight, he didn't blame me, he was ok with it, and he was happy to be the person I could talk to about it because he knew my family by this stage and knew that none of them knew about my open interests in sexual orientation.

This might have seemed nice, and I did like talking to him about it, but the problem was I couldn't tell him everything I needed to because it was ABOUT HIM he said I could talk to someone else if I needed to that he wouldn't have a problem if I did, but I knew I couldn't and when I told him he said "Im sure you are the only one out there like this, get on the internet and ask some strangers how to deal with it, but I am here for you"

It just seemed to get worse. And I just got angrier and angrier with myself because I started becoming really selfish. I WANTED to dominate his time, and when he allowed me to do it I happily lapped it up even though I knew it was wrong. Whenever he met a girl I got insanely jealous even though I am married and have a wife at home who I am regularly sleeping with, I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't help it, I was jealous and the thought of him being with a woman drove me crazy.

He has gone through several "girlfriends" for lack of a better term in the last six months and has learned that he cant really confide in me about his sexual encounters because he knows how it makes me feel and he doesn't want me to be hurt - which is nice I suppose but it just makes me angry with myself that I cant be that bud that a mate can talk to about the chick he's with.

Time went by and I thought I was getting better at dealing with it, he got a steady girlfriend and I didn't see him for a solid month except for at work and it utterly destroyed me. I knew it was my fault he wasn't spending time with me because I was ruining our friendship by not being able to deal with him having a partner - I distanced myself even more at work and told him that I was happy for him and I wanted him to have success with this girl because he seemed to really like her and not having any family in this state meant that if he did find a relationship life would be so much easier for him. It hurt me to encourage him to go for it with this girl, but I knew I had no right to feel that way and I was constantly mad at myself for feeling hurt, and not being able to be the friend he deserved.

Anyway things fizzled out with that girl and quite suddenly he redoubled his efforts to be back in my life and while I knew it was dangerous I welcomed him back with open arms. Not literally of course, while we wrestled a lot and punched each other a lot the ONE and only time I tried to hug him he stopped me and told me he wasn't a hugger. However we have been to a few parties together and I have seen him hug other man, so naturally I just got angry at myself because he obviously feels uncomfortable hugging me knowing what he knows about the way I feel about him.

Anyway. Back to wrestling and playing the fool we drink together regularly and generally alone. At the ends of our night in a drunken stupor we will wrestle with one another in my living room and have a good laugh before passing out together on my lounge. All very unromantically - until I started becoming physically attracted by the wrestling.

And this is where I fucked up.

Last week it happened and he joked with me that he was too strong and I could not overpower him when we were wrestling, I told him I could overpower him and he told me to prove it - I told him "You don't want me to overpower you because I don't know what I would do to you when I pin you down" to which he responded "Ive given you plenty of opportunities to pin me down but you didn't take them" and I said "because you told me you didn't want me to" he said "well its you who doesn't take the opportunity" laughs it off with "I guess I am still too strong for you" we wrestled for a bit and I past out with my arms wrapped around him on the lounge and woke up with his arms also wrapped around me a couple of hours later, at which point I extracted myself and went into the bedroom I share with my wife and went to sleep.

I thought about this a lot in the last week and couldn't decide whether there was innuendo there - was he telling me I could make a move if I had the strength to? Surely not because he had told me many times that he trusted me to make the right decision and that if I ever went too far he would stop me when I needed to be stopped. He also told me he didn't have a problem with me talking about how I felt about him, even sexually so long as it never progressed to the physical so surely he wasn't suggesting that I overpower him when I had so clearly suggested that if I did I might make an advance on him.

And now down to the fuck up. Last night we got hammered. my brother and some friends joined us but my friend and I found an excuse to disappear from the group and we went and sat outside talking, and inevitably this same old conversation came up. We talked for a while and he said he noticed I have been very unhappy lately and he figured it was because I was having a difficult time dealing with how I felt about him and he was right. Its painful to me and its not getting any better. I love my wife. I have no intention of leaving her and even less intention of cheating on her, but have also started to justify how if I did fool around with my male friend, it would not be cheating because he is a guy and she is a girl - I have never done this before, ive never seen them as different and I am a monogamous kind of guy

Or am I...

Party died down, wife is asleep everyone else leaves and its just my mate and I sitting in the loungeroom talking. We weren't even wrestling, but we had been talking about our feelings all night and inevitably as I fucking do, I had become over comfortable with him and I was basically laying on him as he was slowly passing out on the lounge. I was talking to him the whole time I did it and I know he was awake. I unbuttoned his trousers and proceeded with my heart in my throat to draw out his business and massage it a little. And he didn't stop me, his eyes were closed but he was very awake and so was it. I was very very close to going further when suddenly he sat bolt upright removing himself from my hand and not pushing me away but sort of protecting himself...

What the fuck have I done. I haven't slept all night, he didn't leave he is asleep on the lounge next to me while I write this and he woke up an hour ago asking me why I was on the computer at 5am so I took the opportunity to apologise and agonise over possibly having ruined everything with us. He told me not to worry about it, not to stress, and he went back to sleep.

What the fuck am I doing. How do I proceed from here...

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2014 at 01:24 PM ----------

sorry it is a bit of a novel. I have read a lot of these on websites but this is the first time I ever got up the courage to post something myself

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2014 at 01:32 PM ----------

Never before has my lack of a particular direction caused such havoc on my life. I've always been able to deal with being attracted to men and women while being 100% dedicated to my wife. But now I am confused and angry with myself. I love him sf much that I am justifying that what I have with him is different and additional to what I have with my wife because he is a friend who will never reciprocate so its ok, but I know its really not and I shouldn't have done what I did...

Problem is - I would do it again if he let me. And had he not stopped me I'd have gone as far as he would have let me go.

This is driving me crazy... I wish I was normal.

2. seeking

Just put some distance between you and him...and just act like nothing happened. I would just let it pass personally.

The cheating part..you would still be cheating no matter what gender the person is. And you probably already know that, but you are giving yourself excuses so you can follow your sexual desire. That is fine..we all have done that. But, best to not act on it unless you want to complicate the issue between you and your friend as well as you and your wife.

Idk by his innuendo..sometimes i flirt and joke with guys even though i wouldn't want anything sexual. I am just joking and having fun with teasing them. He might be doing the same..just teasing you with the innuendo and not being serious about it.

In all honesty..maybe your feelings are getting to strong and you have to decide to let go of this friendship..because it sounds like it might be a threat to your present relationship. You might have to decide which relationship is more important at this point. These feelings are obviously not going to go away but get stronger in my opinion.

So hard decision to make here. Do what is best in your opinion.

#2 seeking, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  3. glassy

glassy Guest

I know it's cheating and I know I don't want to do that and I know everything I allow to happen is me giving into my sexual desires and that's why I get so mad at myself because I know all this and I still did it.

He's awake now and is in the shower we had a brief chat about it he told me to not beat myself up over it and that it was ok.

I think I will let it pass just as you have suggested - it might fix this situation but I feel like it's a band-aid on an open wound... I'm feeling somewhat helpless in this matter

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2014 at 01:54 PM ----------

I keep reading this everywhere cut him out stop having anything to do with him - I have discussed this with him and he has told me that is not an option

4. seeking

to me it sounds like he doesn't respect the relationship you have with your wife and doesn't have respect for your wife. If someone told me what you told to him. I would walk away if the person felt their emotions were too strong. I wouldn't want to cause the person or the person's relationship any grief.

But that is just me. Really do what is best for self and what is best for either relationship you want to keep. This might not be the situation where you can keep him as a friend.

5. JB1973

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I really feel for you. At least it's out there in the open now and whatever happens, you will at least be able to move forward. By the sounds of things, and time will tell, he is not going to distance himself from you and if that's the case, that's lovely for you.

I am due to see a woman who I have fallen for, later this week and if we can meet up after work, I plan to tell her how I feel (I'm also married and I have kids and don't believe in the whole 'having an affair' thing). I did tell myself, like you did, that as it would be with another woman, it wouldn't really an affair, but everyone on here says it would be and I think I know that deep down it would be. So, I am going to risk a fantastic friendship but because I need to know if what I'm feeling for her is real, a phase or whatever. Once I've talked with her, I will need to talk to my husband - whom I love and he is my best friend but I've not wanted to be intimate for many months now.

My worry is that although she's gay, she might be friends with me on the basis that I'm 'straight' and therefore a 'safe' platonic friendship for her. Once I tell her, I'll have either fucked the whole friendship up or it will be on a completely different level. Life is bloody complicated at the moment isn't it?

I wish you the best in your situation and hope you find a way to move forward. You may need to think about telling your wife once you see how things pan out with your mate. The thought of telling my husband at first, horrified me and I just wanted to keep this woman and my feelings for her a secret, however, the more I've read on here, the more I realise that this is not a good way to live and would not be fair on him. However, only you can make that sort of decision and what I do know, is that everyone on here is incredibly supportive and will help you through every step of the way - whatever you decide to do x

6. SeriousJack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think in this situation you might have to let him go. I understand that you care for him very strongly, but you have to remember you've made a commitment to your wife, and if you truly love her and considering you're trying to have children you will make the right decision. If you think you can sort out these feelings by no means cut him out of your life, he seems like a great friend to keep for the rest of your life, but if your feelings only get stronger and it only makes you feel worse, you should le him go. It's your decision and no matter what he says, if this is ruining your marriege, you should not get involved with him. Also, even after you've cut him off it might be a bit confusing to be normal with your wife, but if you truly want to spend the rest of your life with her, you'll do everything to work it out. At the end of the day, it all comes down to this: do you really love your wife?

7. seeking

I am sorry you are in this tight situation, but you probably have to decide which person you want to stay in your life because i don't think you can keep both in your life without causing issues for yourself and your marriage. Now you could not talk to him until you get your emotions situated and once you do maybe it could work with him being in your life. But, if he doesn't want something sexual/romantic with you and you want to stay with your wife...keeping him in your life is causing wasted drama. He is the desired who can't be had whose presence is causing emotional havoc for you. It just doesn't sound worth it if you want to stay with your wife.

But, in the end it is your decision in how you want to proceed.

Also don't be angry about your sexuality. This can happen in any marriage to any sexual orientation. It can happen to a straight man who has strong feelings for two women..or a gay man who has strong feelings for two men..same with women of any orientation.

Wish you the best!

#7 seeking, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  8. nerdbrain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Based on your writing, it seems like you have a few separate issues to deal with:

1. You are likely gay and in a hetero marriage. Like many people who label themselves bisexual, you seem to be gravitating towards one end of the spectrum -- and not the one you are living in.
    2. You have a strong attraction to someone who is more or less unavailable.
    3. This guy seems to have his own issues since he is relishing in the attention you give him, and may even be wrestling with his own sexuality.

In my opinion, the main issue is #1. Regardless of what happens with this guy, the real issue is your own identity and what implications that will have for the rest of your life, particularly on your marriage.

My advice isn't so much "ignore him" as "focus on yourself." This isn't about a crush; this guy is a catalyst that has exposed some truths about your own nature that you must now confront.

I think you have more important things to do than worry about your relationship with him, namely, sorting out what's going on in your head, accepting who you are, and making the necessary changes in your life. Then you can figure out what, if anything, to do with this person.

Sounds like you should consider therapy/counseling with the intention of eventually bringing this matter to your wife, and continue posting/reading here.

9. JB1973

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I couldn't agree more. There is another thread on here called 'This has NEVER happened before...' (currently on page 2 of this forum). There has been a term coined for exactly the catalyst described above - trigger crush. It doesn't necessarily mean anything will happen between you and this man, but it is certainly a trigger, or catalyst which really requires you to think about things. Take your time though and work things through and keep us updated x

10. glassy

glassy Guest

He hates me.

We got to work that same day and he was staying away from me - he seemed alright before this so I approached him and the look he have me was pure disgust. He told
    Me he didn't trust me anymore and our friendship is over.

I had to leave work I couldn't stand seeing the way he looked at me and knowing how much he hates me is killing me.

I tried talking to him about it but he has told me I have ruined our friendship and he doesn't think it will ever be possible to be friends again.

I'll take this. I've always known there was something wrong with me and now it has ruined the best friendship I have ever had.

I don't think I can handle this. I do t know what to do. I feel only despair.

He fucking hates me.

11. waterfall

waterfall Guest

This is really good advice…you should read and reread the perspective and advice that nerdbrain gives in the post above.
    I don't think this "friend" really hates you. I think he encouraged your behavior. A straight man would have never responded to you the way he did. It sounds to me like he felt the same attraction to you and then couldn't deal with it.
    So sorry that you are feeling like this is all your fault because I don't think it is.
    Don't beat yourself up. You didn't do anything that he didn't want you to do. the fact that he ultimately couldn't face his real feelings isn't your problem.

12. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, OP, I really feel for you.

I am not convinced what your sexuality is...there's a lot in your story that I can relate to as a bisexual. I'm in a long term monogamous relationship with a woman...we've been together 28 years. For years there were no issues with me missing men...I'd notice men, but never had desires to be with anyone but her. Slowly over the years, that desire for male sexual contact has grown, and now it preys on me. The major difference in our situations is that my partner is also bisexual and she and I are able to communicate freely about our feelings in this regard. I grew up very monogamously minded/trained...but I too am not sure that I have a monogamous nature. In the past few years I've gotten dangerously close to several people...not actually quite cheated, but further than I'm comfortable with given how I feel about my partner. AND I've destroyed really beautiful friendships in the process, because I/we couldn't keep them to strictly friendship. I get angry with myself, I get despondent, I carry on; it happens over again.

You could be gay, sure. You could also easily be bisexual. What do *you* think you are, really? That'll give you a big clue as to how to proceed. But I think that saying you are "likely gay" is a bit of an overstatement.

With respect to your wife and with respect to your friend, yes, you fucked up. I think some of the posters above veer into really dangerous territory/fantasizing/assumptions with claims like "you didn't do anything he didn't want you to do." That sounds entirely too much like rape justification, frankly, and it goes on all the time in hetero relationships ("she was really asking for it"). Total bullshit and really dangerous thinking.

But give yourself a *little* bit of a break. From the sound of it neither of you was in complete control of yourself. I don't know his sexuality any better than I know yours...he could be straight, or he could be curious. But it doesn't even matter...nearly passed out drunk isn't the right way to explore for him or for you.

But the big thing I find interesting in your post is how little there is about your wife. She's there in the background, but no sense of how she's perceived any of this. No comments about how she would feel about any of it. I can't tell if that's because you just don't think much about her feelings or if it's because you had so much to say about your experience with this guy...but presumably she's a big part of the equation, no? Is she stupid? Do you really think she has no clue that something's been bothering you?

Have you ever considered telling her that you're into men? Personally, I can't imagine living with such a secret for even 10 years. And if your intent is/has been to remain monogamous, I don't see the harm in sharing the information, unless you feel you can't trust her with it (in which case I question your wisdom in marrying her...you should be able to trust a life partner with any information).

The above advice that I definitely agree with is that you should see a therapist to discuss all of this. There's only so much we can do...you're clearly going through a *lot*; you need someone who can really hear the whole story and help you process it with clarity. A therapist who specializes in LGBT issues (especially GB, in your case) would be perfect.

In terms of the guy...I don't think he hates you. I think he's scared of a combination of himself and you *at the moment*. He's still responding in real time to a very recent event, where he'd trusted you and you went further than he was comfortable with. I would respect his desire for space. Honestly, the best thing would be to put him out of your mind as much as possible (it does become *more* possible...believe me, I've been there). But don't push. Just continue being a good person. Hopefully, as he has time to settle and think about everything, he'll recognize that he did have *some* role...he'll recognize that you are a good person, that he does value the friendship you had...but he needs time to recognize these things. So give him that time. And maybe nothing will come of it...maybe it really is over. And if so, ok. Chalk it up to a learning experience, both with dealing with straight-identified men, and with your sexuality in general.

The fact is that (at least for some bisexuals...if you are bisexual) the urge for what you don't have grows...becomes an imperative. One compelling individual can be enough to throw your life into turmoil. More reason to have an open line of communication with your wife...so things don't stay bottled up like a pressure-cooker until a tiny crack (like one compelling person) causes the whole thing to explode.

So yeah...a therapist. Please. ASAP. You sound desperate, so you clearly need it. You probably also need this hug (((((((((((((( glassy )))))))))))))). Best wishes for everything moving forward...and please let us know how things develop.

13. JB1973

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I couldn't agree more waterfall. I think the cold light of day hit him and he couldn't handle it. Simple as that. Oh, and btw, there is nothing wrong with you glassy! There are so many of us questioning our sexuality on here and are only doing this late in life, once we've been married and had kids etc. There's nothing wrong with you, otherwise there'd be something wrong with EVERYONE on here! Stay strong hun and keep writing posts so we can all support you and be there for you.(&&&)

14. glassy

glassy Guest

We have had a few long text message conversations and he has told me that we can't be friends anymore - not like we were. He has told me not to leave my work which seems like the right thing to do given how he can't look at me without getting mad but he has told me to stay all the same.

He doesn't want to be alone with me drinking ever again he was very clear about that and he doesn't trust me to do the right thing. I've apologised more times than I care to count and more times than he cares to listen he has told me words can only do so much and that time will only tell whether he can eventually become comfortable having me around again - though he was very clear that our friendship would never get back to what it was.

I haven't seen him in four days and won't see him again today - I will be working with him again tomorrow for the first time since I left work burned by the way he looked at me with such disgust. He has warned me that things are going to be strained between us for some time and I have to accept that.

I spoke to another friend of mine who instantly jumped on board saying how she never liked him and knew something was up with him from the beginning - I couldn't tell her the whole story but I was firm that she had no reason to dislike him as I am 100% in the wrong. She asked me if I could ever treat her the way he has been treating me this week if she had done to me what I did to him and I told her of course I couldn't but she and I are very close - she asked me how he and I could have been as close as we seemed and then for him to behave like this and it's given me pause to question our entire friendship. I don't want to blame him and I am not seeking an excuse to but something in me can't help but question the validity of what she is saying. Him and I were super close and I am hurting so badly right now and I don't know how he can be ok with that. I understand that I have betrayed him but it was one mistake - I hate myself so much that this one mistake can destroy what I thought was a great and mutually beneficial friendship.

I don't speak about my wife a lot in this because I am very ashamed of my actions. She is completely oblivious of that I am 100% certain. She hasn't the constitution for drinking or staying up late that my mate and I had so she would often be asleep far before I made any of the mistakes betraying my feelings for him. At the moment she just thinks I have taken ill. I'm having trouble eating I feel sick all the time I'm tired beyond comprehension and my hands have been pretty much shaking since Saturday night. She's noticed I am very depressed but she accepted when I told her that I was just feeling off and it would pass if I had a week of rest. I've spent pretty much any time I am not at work in bed and she's been very supportive of my diminished state which really makes me feel worse cos really I've betrayed her even more than I've betrayed him.

The worse part is that if Saturday night did not happen my friendship would still be exactly what it was and I know that it wasn't healthy - not for me and not for my marriage and obviously also not for him. I understand now that nothing can ever happen with him. I do love my wife very much and I cannot fathom leaving her. But part of me - MOST of me - ALL of me right now just wants things to be like they were.

I want my friend back. I don't need anymore from him if I can just have my friend back. He is very important to me and I have lost everything in one stupid moment of weakness. I couldn't do again what I did on Saturday. I can't have him look at me the way he did - incant have him hate me he way he does. I just want things to be normal again. Only more normal - without the confusion. I know where I stand but I want him back in my life and I want him to let me prove that it can be completely plutonic

15. glassy

glassy Guest

Ok so.. After spending a week not talking at all we worked together today for the first time and... I don't even know what to say.

It's like nothing happened. I would understand if he was just putting on a professional face for work but... He wants to go running with me in the morning and he's going to shower and go to work from my house.

I don't even... Seriously wtf. I've been beating myself up for a week hurting like crazy and he's just all normal. He even made a few sexual innuendo jokes to me today and I did give him the briefest of "how the fuck can you say that to me" looks - before I remembered that if I want any kind of friendship with him I'm the one whose got to prove that we can be mates without him worrying about me grabbing for his business ever again. Which means I just have to blokey bloke laugh off his sexual innuendo like I would any of my other male mates (who I've never been attracted to)

I don't really understand what's going on.

I do know that I want to be friends with him. And I do know there can never be anything sexual between us. But I also know the friendship I have with him is more important to me than the nothing there would be between us if I continue to allow myself to be attracted to him.

Can I just switch it off? Thinking I was going to lose him from my life was a pretty fricken traumatic experience from me and I do feel differently around him now (scared first, than confused, than finally comfortable) but mostly on guard.

I don't know where I'm at at the moment...

16. JB1973

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Your post before your last one was wishing that things could be back to the way they were before you got physical with him. It seems your wish has come true. HOWEVER...be VERY CAREFUL. Sounds like he is a complete head-fuck (excuse the profanity but I don't know any other way to put it). He's hot and cold and hot again. Other people have said here that he has obviously not come to terms with his own feelings which is why he rejected you so badly. But now he's like nothing happened? Hmmm...realistically, I'm not sure if you would be able to continue just being friends without ever addressing verbally with him what happened between you that night. He might be able to (because he's obviously burying loads of crap anyway) but for you, it may niggle and niggle at you until it eats you up.

So, you have your friendship back but things have changed and you have questions that need answering. Not sure what everyone else thinks, but it would drive me mad. I do wish you the best and will keep looking for your updates x

17. clovis

WOW... that's really all I have to say after reading this string... I think he is the one that is jerking you around... hes hot and cold... sending you mixed messages... what is someone to think... and if he knows that you have feelings for him... why is he doing this to you. I think that you would serve yourself best to just put some distance between you... I am not saying be a dick to him or anything... but I think that you should just turn the friendship off... or have a very serious heart to heart conversation with him where you lay it all on the table... Tell him how what he is doing and the confusion you are feeling. Explain to him that if you are to remain friends he has to stop! You are in a tough situation... I feel for you.

18. Doudline

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I disagree with the above posters. How I see it:

Your friend was upset about letting the event occur -upset at himself, and at you-, and reacted in the heat of the moment instead of rationalizing. After cooling down, he realized that it wasn't worth losing a close friend over this.

One reason for his anger might be the awakening of his romantic/sexual feelings towards you -or males in general-, and the "0 to getting his junk played with" might have been too much too soon.

Or he might really be straight, in which case he might have felt betrayed, as if you had broken the silent vow that he accepted you as more than a friend but less than a lover, and wasn't sure how to proceed forward.

Yes, your friend is acting hot-and-cold, but I don't know that I would act any different in his shoes. I'm gay gay, but would I push away a close female friend with a romantic interest in me? I might play the game - with certain limits. Who knows.

Life and romance are complicated.

19. waterfall

waterfall Guest

20. glassy

glassy Guest

Eurgh. I'm so confused and annoyed right now.

We are right next to each other right now. He's just told me that he's decided not to drink for a while for his health. Ok fine. Don't lie to me I can take it but whatever seems legit (not)

But then we were doing something at work and during conversation I said to him "the hardest thing in life sometimes is for me to convince people I'm on the ball" he laughed and said "nah mate, the hardest thing in my life is above my balls"

This is fresh after him saying the day before - a colleague of ours was winning a free vacation if he did a photo shoot with a snake - he turned it down. I laughed and said "I'd get a photo shoot with a snake for a free holiday" and he pipes up "you can have a photo shoot with my snake anytime"

Seriously wtf is he trying to do?! Test me to see if I can remain heterosexual when he's making sure he can say whatever the fuck he wants??

I feel like he is toying with me and I don't really like it.