1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a feeling that I might of turned gay.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BearLover, Sep 27, 2014.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was so interested in women a few years ago but ever since I started bodybuilding and hit around 18 I've turned so much more interested in men, I also think it's when I first met my boss, I just loved his handsome face and realized I part of me (my gay side).

Well, it's been a few years now and I haven't thought about women in a while, I don't really think about women anymore but I've been told that I can't turn gay but going back to a few months ago I did actually get a little bit horny over women, no younger women but I do like older women.

Looking back I have been interested in younger women and it makes me think you can be attracted to anything if you have a trigger, going to back to my thread about everyone being bisexual deep down but they don't know it, well I still kind of think that a little bit, I'm speculating, you can't just choose to be bisexual but you've got to have a trigger, something that kind of turns you on, something you didn't know that you liked before, I never thought about older men when I was younger but ever since I saw an older man in a nice beige suit I thought oh damn, that's hot, that classic gentlemen look really turned me on and from then on I've been really turned on by older men.

I think I'm actually bi, I should be but I'm really going high up on the kinsey scale, I think I'm at kinsey 5 nearly and I don't know whether I even love women, I've never fell in love with a women, I've never really been able to talk around them, I go quiet and don't know what to say, no love ever develops because I don't have that ability to flirt, I can't really flirt with older women and deep down I don't feel any love for older women, I'm not sure maybe I do have an emotional attraction to older women but I've never fell in love with them, men are easy to flirt with and they always want to have sex but women are much harder to get, they don't have sex so easy, I don't understand women.

So as far as I know I've had attraction to both women and men but the attraction for men has really taken over, I've fell in love with a greek guy and these feelings of love are really legitimate, I know I like older men. As for women I did just used to fantasize over older women but that's gone away a little bit, I've never had the chance to develop a loving relationship with a women and I think a women is less likely to date a younger man.

I'm a very tender person, I lack aggression around women and don't feel as if I can kind of flirt and be the protector, I'm more like the submissive one, I prefer the active position in bed but I enjoy feeling protected by older men, It's that kind of security feeling that I enjoy, I don't really get that from women, women would expect me to be the protector, I'm not sure if I have that in me and I think I much prefer being the protected one. I will support myself in a relationship with an older man but I just like that feeling of having company of an older man, the spooning position really done something for me.

When going back to thinking about women, i do feel attraction but have never fell in love with them so I don't know whether I'm emotionally gay and sexually bi.

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thinking the same for myself as well. Not sure why I have the attraction to older men at all, but it doesn't seem to go away. I'm not even sure if the reason why I like older men is because I actually love them or I just lust attention from them. For me attraction for women has happened before but whether it's actually the "real thing" or not is something I'm extremely unsure of.

On a side note, how did you know that you were in love with men and not women? How did it feel?

3. Mejj

Maybe what you are is bisexual and homoromantic...
    But I wouldn´t define myself like that if I were you. I mean, you can´t fall for women if you don´t speak to them, so you never know if you would. Maybe if you tried, you´ll find out that you´re bi after all, who knows? :wink:
    Also, I know few strong girls who really like to have the protective role, so maybe you´d be comfortable with someone like them too..?
    To me, personally, sexual orientation is something very fluid. You don´t need to define it, just go with whatever/whoever feels right at the moment :wink:

4. seeking

I just wanted to say...maybe you are just a shy person when around women.. Like a frog in your throat. You don't know what to say to them. If you are sexually attracted to both genders you are probably bisexual....romantic wise you may only fall for men, but falling in love with someone will not happen the same number of times for both genders, if that makes sense?

So just date whoever you fall for and are attracted to...and have sex with any gender you want to. Let time tell where you really fall on the scale. You could still be bisexual in both the sexual and romantic component but you are more likely to fall for a man. I've heard bisexuals say they go through cycles..where for a chunk of time they are only attracted to one gender and then they are attracted only to the other gender and then they are attracted to both at the same time. So just follow your heart is my advice and as time goes by then you will know what label fits you and you may even find out that you don't want to label yourself, that is fine too.

Also some women do like to be in the protector role...they like to be the boss or the leader in the relationship. Women can also be more assertive than men unlike society tries to say.

Hope this was helpful :slight_smile:

#4 seeking, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  5. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    You're right, with men it just comes naturally but with women it feels as if I have to try with them, I don't know what to say and always lost for words, I naturally get on better with men because I have manly interests and most of the things I talk about wouldn't interest a girl, well especially the girls that I've known. Maybe I am a bit shy around a women, you're right, I've just never known how to connect with them and you kind of feel like you can't be yourself because girls will brand you as weird much faster than guys.

I like my friends girlfriend, I do actually know when I like a girl, I didn't feel a romantic attraction to her though and maybe feel a bit self conscious to be in with a girl, they are harder to impress than men, they generally have high expectations (buying them things as well.), I don't want to do that. I did fall in love with my boss but maybe that's because he came to me, I kept on looking at him and he noticed I thought he was handsome, he started to flirt and then it just developed into something else.

I don't think I've ever been in the position to flirt with women though, the chances are if I flirt with an older women she'll be married and she'll probably think I'm weird for flirting with someone older, so I'm stuck, the only chance I have is to look for an older woman online, maybe I should do that to be sure...