1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel like your attraction for the opposite sex reduced?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by WilhelmScream, Sep 28, 2014.

1. WilhelmScream

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So, just a question for those who never always knew they were gay/bisexual.

As you discovered and accepted you were becoming more attracted to the same sex, did you find your attraction to the opposite sex lessened?

I'm starting to accept that i find men sexually attractive and am starting to wonder about potentially being in a relationship etc with a man.

My only real fear is that i'd become less attracted to women and most importantly, my girlfriend. Also, i don't want to see myself as bi but in reality be gay and in denial. I feel like i'm leaning towards liking men more over the halfway point of being bisexual and it makes me wonder if i could go from there from no interest in men within a couple of months, what will happen to my desire for women.

Should i just relax, observe and accept whatever happens? I just want to be honest with myself and my girlfriend who i know i love but don't think i can continue thing if i'm so unsure about my sexuality right now.

Thanks for any advice :slight_smile:

2. infinitefriend9

Relax, take it as it comes.
    If you are truly bi, you will not distinguish between men and women. Don't consciously think about it. If you like someone, you like them. :slight_smile:

3. seeking

You can still be bisexual and leaning more toward a certain sex...think of 0 being heterosexual...50 being bisexual..and 100 homosexual....you could fit anywhere on that scale and have some attraction to a female or some attraction to a male. They say most people aren't hundred percent gay or straight.

So don't worry..go with the flow..follow your heart.

4. jahow95

Yes mate, seriously don't get yourself worked up about it. I was starting to think I was gay at one point, like my attraction to women seemed almost gone... and then I went to a party the other night and christ man I can't stop thinking about this girl I met now. It's not clear cut, especially when you're still figuring things out.
    If you can say that you have at some point in your life considered yourself to be attracted to the other sex, I would think you always will be.

5. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry. Before I met my husband I was starting to think I wasn't attracted to men at all anymore, but he is hot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I am still way more attracted to girls than other guys though. I just think everyone's different, and you shouldn't worry about figuring it all out all at once. Just see what happens and like Seeking said "follow your heart".

6. Skov

Well, as I realized I was gay, I stopped lying to myself about being attracted to women. I guess for me the attraction wasn't there in the first place. I just stopped lying to myself.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Well for me it reduced when I figured out who I was; I used to find boys attractive and now the idea of being with one repulses me. It could happen to you, or you could just be bisexual with a preference

8. Blossom85

When I finally figured myself out.. It was the opposite for me.. I found my attraction for both men and women increase.. I think cause once I got my head wrapped around being attracted to both, I began to feel less guilty and less stressed about trying to decide if I liked one or the other and just felt happy knowing I was comfortable to be able to perve on men and women alike.

9. hiddenxrainbows

The same thing happened to me. Once I realized I was bi, I desperately wanted to be with a woman, both physically and romantically. My attraction to men almost disappeared. But then I met my ex-boyfriend and we started dating,l. Even though I'd been determined to find a girl, he swept me off my feet by having a charming personality, so I forgot the whole girl thing.

Though every once in a while, I'll still get those periods where my attraction for women is waaaay higher than my attraction for men. But I think part of that might be the fact that I was never with a girl, in any way. I mean, it's understandable to think about stuff like that. But even when I was going through those times, I was always with a guy and I always really loved my boyfriene at the time, so I didn't worry about it too much. I still get these "cravings" soketimes. But I don't do anything out of love and respect and commitment to my fiance. I still find him attractive, even if I think about girls a lot sometimes. Though he said that if we ever found a woman willing to do it, we could have a threesome XD So maybe I'd calm down after that XD haha

But yeah, I think it's normal for our attractions to change, when we finally come to terms that we aren't straight, and especially before we get the chance to "experiment" or anything like that.

10. Harvey Dent

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As most everyone has said thus far, sexuality is a thing that's not always set in stone. I feel as I've entered my early 20s that I'm not less attracted to girls than I was when I was younger, but I'm definitely more attracted to guys than I thought/knew I was. I feel that I'm physically attracted to some women, while having the potential to be physically and romantically attracted to guys.