1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the hell am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by claiire, Sep 29, 2014.

1. claiire

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey there. So I've talked about some of this in my post in the welcome lounge, but now I've been here a few days I'm going to seek the advice I came here for.

So as I said before, I've always identified as straight. I've been attracted to men for my whole teenage life, and even had a boyfriend summer 2013, though now that I think about it, I was never really that attracted to him, I think I just liked being liked you know?

Though for a long time there's been the odd female celebrity I've been attracted to, I always brushed it off as a 'girl crush'. But the number of women I'm attracted to has been increasing recently, and now I've been admiring cute girls I see on the street or in school. So I think I might be bi. However, I'm hesitant to label myself as such in case it's just me wanting to experiment or if it's just a "phase" (god, I hate that word, but it is a concern of mine).

On top of this, I don't really find the idea of sex appealing. Tbh, I don't even find kissing to be appealing. Which leads me to believe I fall somewhere on the asexual spectrum too. Or maybe I'm just not ready for thinking about it yet. I mean, I could imagine myself trying sexual acts in the future, but they aren't really desirable to me.

The term 'biromantic asexual' has been sitting well with me as of late, but as I said I'm hesitant to put a label on myself yet. I know I'm young and don't have to label myself, but it would be nice to talk it out with you more experienced folk as I've been thinking about it a lot.

Thanks! :icon_bigg

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hey Claiir.

I've said this to several people, that the label that excites you is a good clue to the truth for you. It might not be the whole answer, but it's something that is worth exploring. You seem to be in a good place with this. :slight_smile: I want you to know too, that if you choose to call yourself something, and choose another label later, that is *all* good.

3. claiire

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks Starfleet! That is something to think about, and I think you're right. That takes the pressure off a bit hahaha.

4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Good. :slight_smile: You need to talk, you come find your girl Starfleet, OK? :slight_smile:

5. claiire

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    PHP:
    Thanks gurl, I really appreciate it (*hug*) same goes for you okay? I may not be the most experienced person around, but if you ever need a listening ear I'm here :kiss:

6. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I will, claiire, and thanx. (*hug*)