1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do now?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Alder, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My sexuality and orientation has been a question for me for a long time now:

I've probably thought about it from every single angle possible by now and while I have a general idea I'm still pretty unsure, maybe because I've hadn't given myself room to relax and step back, and because I find it difficult to know anything for certain (I seem to doubt everything I find out), and also because there are so, so many factors that come into play when I think about who I am. It's exhausting evaluating every single thing sometimes.

So my question is, by this point, should I continue thinking about it and trying to find the right label (because at the moment I don't think I really fall under any label 100%), or should I just leave it and let time tell? Since I've allowed myself to be open to this and I have explored it (quite anxiously at times) in quite some depth already, as well as educating myself + watching quite a lot of LGBT media too, will it slowly become more clear to me in the future? Any guiding advice by this point?

Thank you everyone :slight_smile: (*hug*)

#1 Alder, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:
    How to

I would not give it a label but begin to trust my instincts. And I would begin to relax. And love and live.
    (*hug*)(*hug*)

If we are interested in something, we find something that fascinates us... if we explore that further, other things might appear which lead to the next step...

3. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Mackenzie,

my counsellor challenged me on this desire to find 'the correct label' for myself. He actually does not see the point of labels at all. After all, a label is a term, a concept we impose upon actual experience; but the actual experience of attraction is not contrived, it just happens - and that is enough for me, at present; just to remain aware and accepting of whatever comes up, and this is my suggestion for you also.

4. thekillingmoon

Overthinking is never good. Give it time, you will know eventually. Meanwhile date who you want to date and don't worry about labeling yourself.

5. theflyingelf

Out Status:
    A few people
    You don't need a label if you dont want one, you can just call yourself queer :slight_smile:

If you really want to find a label, there are a whole lot of labels that I have never heard of until recently, and probably many more I don't know yet, or don't even exist yet. One day you might find a new label that just feels right.

6. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you to everyone! I'm trying not to rush a label now and I guess time will tell :slight_smile: I agree overthinking didn't help me much, I just really want to take it easy now and see what I realize as time goes on.