1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I guess I have no effing idea....

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by alexisconfused, Oct 4, 2014.

1. alexisconfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well, I'll try to keep this short (because I know I never have the patience to read through the long ones). This whole questioning thing began when I was in grade 6, and I found out my sister was bi. Until then I hadn't really given sexuality much thought. And I began thinking. Fast forward a few years, I've had a few boyfriends, and I figured I was probably straight, until this one girl just... well how do I put it? She sent me right back to the beginning. I've been thinking a lot, and now I'm even more confused. I know I have loads of time to figure it out, but that doesn't mean I want to wait that long for an answer. To make it worse, I told my best friend, and now she says I should come out. But as what? What... label, should I use? The truth is I just don't feel like love should or can be limited by gender (cheesy, I know). So maybe pan? The feeling varies from day to day. I'm just so freaking confused... :bang::bang::bang:

2. Ryujin

Do you want a label? Lots of people, like myself, prefer not to go by a label.

3. Hexagon

That's alright. I pretty much gave up too.

4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi! Take your time and keep talking with us. :slight_smile: Some people hate the labels, but some, like me, find them a useful guide. If there is a label that appeals, it's worth exploring why, your heart is trying to tell you something. If you choose a label, and that label doesn't fit later - change it. :slight_smile: no one here will judge you.

5. GreyRose

Labels don't matter; it's what you feel personally that matters (oh, you spread your cheesiness to me.. meany).

I may be technically "bi," but when someone asks me about my sexuality, I usually say that I'm Annasexual. I'm Anna, and Anna knows what Anna wants.

As Miss Starfleet said, though, labels can be a good guide. This is a great opportunity for you to do some introspection and find out who you are.

Just keep thinking about it. Ask yourself questions; you may be surprised at the answers you get.

6. confusedlost

confusedlost Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're questioning I say follow your heart not in that Rufus lame spiritual scrap but I literally mean follow your heart look at men and look at women which makes your heart race faster and you'll see

7. Poppyseed

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wanted to tell you to take it slow and just feel your feelings. There is no obligation to ever label yourself anything. I still perceive myself as straight as I'm exploring my own attraction to women. It's what I feel is most accurate to me.