1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(For girls: Am I lesbian/bisexual?)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Izobella, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Izobella

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I am very confused. All my life I had crushes on girls and guys. I have dated guys throughout my life but when I was with men they did not make me completely happy and would be so sexual and I did not like that (because of certain things of my past).

Now, I am in my first ever relationship and I feel like I have gone home after years of being out on the street. I feel so comfortable and able to be myself around her and sexually I feel more secure and happy.

I am confused because I still can see myself having crushes on guys and wanting to have sex with them (if I was single)... even though I enjoy being with a woman instead??

I am only 21, and I am taking big steps to finally understand myself and I want advice or thoughts because I do not know what to do? I want to have a life that I am happy with and I want to be with a partner that will make me happy. Although, just for the fact of knowing myself, I want to know if I am bisexual or lesbian?

2. CrazyAwkward

If you still feel like you can be attracted to men like you are to women I'd say you're bisexual.

3. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you're probably bisexual too. Nothing to be worried about:slight_smile: We're here for you.

4. prussianblue100

If you're happy dating a woman, but can still have crushes on men, I'd say you're bisexual. :slight_smile:

5. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Kinsey Scale goes from 0 (completely straight) to 6 (completely gay) and acknowledges that romantic attraction can differ from sexual attraction. It sounds like perhaps you are Kinsey 4-6 romantically, but maybe more 4-5 sexually? Does that help?

I identify as about a Kinsey 4, period. But I also acknowledge that I am *much* more romantically attracted to women. I can see myself having sex with a guy occasionally (I see this clearly...even wistfully, at this point)...but I cannot envision ever settling down with one (let alone marrying one *gaugggh!*).

6. GreyRose

I agree that you're bisexual.

You just like each gender in different ways. It's totally normal; I'm the same way.

7. Polka Dots

I have to echo biAnnika and others--if you are attracted to men and women, you're bisexual. Your attractions don't have to be 50/50 to be bisexual; you can have a preference, and said preferences may even change over time.

Congrats on your new relationship, by the way. I wish you both love and happiness!