1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in the process...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by confusedlost, Oct 7, 2014.

1. confusedlost

confusedlost Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the process off rewriting my thoughts in the process of not gawking at girls in the process of checking out guys in the process of accepting myself it takes time I guess but it will happen optimistic because I know it will be for the best

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How did you know were actually attracted to guys? I'm confused because I don't really know what it means to be "gay". Does fantasizing about other men make you gay, or is there more to it than sexual attraction?

3. confusedlost

confusedlost Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's more of a sexual attraction out guys faces stand out more

4. ILetItGo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came out to myself a month ago, and am still on pathway of acceptance. I have a lot of work to undo, like confusedlost said, I need to rewire my brain. I spent 7 years putting up mental blocks, and growing automatic pathways to explain things away.

But how did I realise? I removed EVERYTHING. For a week, I was home alone. Parents were on holiday. Friends not down at home, everyone at uni or away with jobs. And I had just quit my job. There was no-one and nothing around me to focus on, or behave a certain way for, and it was the first time ever it was just me and my my thoughts. And those 3 days gave me the clarity to see everything how it was.
    I might not have been attracted to guys, but that was only because I had all these barriers in place, but I also differed from most of my friends by never really having an urge to so things girls. I had done things with girls, and enjoyed them. But the initial action always started because they were interested in me, and I reciprocated because I thought it right. I never had an "oooh, I must have you now" thought about girls.
    And now, that I am accepting, I do have these thoughts about guys. ...yet to act on it though. But everything takes time.

Anyways, that's how its been happening for me.