1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm a lesbian.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Maeve, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Maeve

So, in the past year, I've gone from "Hmmm, maybe I'm bisexual" to "I think I prefer girls" to now "I'm pretty sure I'm a lesbian." And only one person has any idea--and thinks I'm still into guys. :dry: Though I dropped a few hints, so maybe she does know.

I work at a school, and my class had a sub today. She was super hot (and nice and funny). I was pretty disappointed when I found out she was straight and married. Not that I would ask her out or anything...I'm too shy and it would be unprofessional anyway.

I don't really notice guys anymore. I mean, I'll think a guy looks aesthetically pleasing, but there are so many girls that are just gorgeous. And I want to get to know them better. And I'm invariably disappointed when I find out they're straight.

I might be getting together with some friends this weekend, and I think I'll tell them. They're great--one is also a lesbian and another is asexual. They're all great, very accepting, wonderful friends.

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well since you have a lesbian and asexual friend, what better way to answer your question then to ask them! Ask how they knew, and how they came to that conclusion.

I'm a guy, and I had a girlfriend for a short while but something didn't feel right (despite the fact that I wanted her in the first place. It's quite weird actually). I sexually desire older men but not in the romantic/emotional/LTR sense. Too many differences can result in a unhealthy relationship, especially with the age gap being the worst.

Many people on this forum have said to date either genders. If you don't try, you wont know. Something I've always kept in mind is that if you decide to put a label on yourself (whether it be lesbian/bisexual/straight), remember that a LTR is the romantic attraction and sexual attraction put together. As far as I know, you need both for marriage to even be a possibility.

Thinking that someone of the same gender is attractive does not conclude that you're lesbian. Having something stuck up a guy's ass doesn't make him gay, neither does enjoying it make him gay (it feels good to have a guys prostate rubbed, which is misleading when you're putting gay and straight on a scale).

#2 Jax12, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014