1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wolfy1, Oct 9, 2014.

1. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ok, so im getting to be ok with being attracted to guys. like its just becoming one of those things that i think of just being me. im even talking to some guys, just to get myself out there. but im having a problem. my dad always makes remarks about how i need to get with some girl he sees, ether at the store, i work with, or anywhere. im not out to any one that i like guys. he never lets up, and even thought i try to get him to he doesn't. every time he does it just makes me feel like im a disappointment.. or rather i will be when i finally tell him. every time he does this, i just want to rip my hair out and yell "QUIT", but its always in public and i feel like if i do he will suspect something, and if he suspects it he will most likely confront me about if i like guys... witch im not ready to deal with from him.

i just dont know what to do, if i let him continue to do it i just feel like utter shit threw the whole conversation, even though i try to end it. but if i tell him to quit i will most likely have to face being asked.. witch im not ready for. its like for the most part im comfortable with my sexuality until im with him.. witch is actually why i think i have been 1/2 avoiding him through out this whole journey... and its not easy, as i live with him, and only him.

anyone have any suggestions? i hate avoiding him, but when i dont i seem to get emotionally hut 1/2 the time, and i cant express to him about how he hurt me, and am forced to just take it and bottle it up inside. im trying my best to not bottle up emotions anymore, as that's kind of what put me here in the fist place. i bottled up my sexual emotions until now, and i hate that i did that.

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well this is a hard one ,If it was me I would set him down and say something like Dad I love you and I know that you are trying to help me out when you say look at this girl or that girl but I don't need any help . I will find someone on my own and I really dont want any help thanks anyway.

3. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

That's usually a dad thing to do. It seems he is just poking fun at you to try and make you laugh or to get you talking about someone you do like. It's not like he is doing it because he suspects you might be gay or anything even close to that, I'm pretty sure all dads do this. If it bothers you that much then I suppose you should probably tell him to stop joking about it, he probably wouldn't suspect you're gay even then. He might think you don't like his "Dad Joke's" but if you want to humour him you could always smile, say, "Sure," and then laugh a little bit.

No need for that "bottling up emotions," or, "I don't want to disappoint him" shenanigans. It appears to be him just poking at a bit of fun and him not realizing that you haven't caught on. Hope this little bit helps, I'm sure you'll be fine ^^

4. seeking

my ma does something similar... i just go with the flow. It makes me want to scream out "i'm a lesbian i don't like men", but i don't. She will usually say to me you need to marry a football players, is that man cute. I just go with the flow i say "he is very handsome and good looking" which isn't a lie.. i'm not blind. But, then she says "would you marry him?" and i just say "maybe".

My advice is just comment on the girl's beauty and if he ask you would you marry her/bang her just say maybe. If he goes off and is like "maybe?".. just say "I rather sleep with a girl i know for some time period..because i don't want to end up sleeping with a crazy controlling woman" and if he gives you the like weird/disgusted look.. then just say "i don't want to end up like a story on a criminal show..there are some wack jobs out here"

That is how i play it off.. i just comment on the person's look and i say maybe all the time. I wouldn't take him saying this too serious as you are some disappointment. Many parents say to there children "do you think so&so is cute?" "would you marry so&so?" "would you sleep with so&so?". Really just play along.

hope i help a tad!

5. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    thanks for the advice every one! in the past (when i knew i was gay, but was mostly in denial) i would just play long. but its like now that i know where my sexuality falls, i just fee like im stringing along my dads idea that im straight. if i feel the time when i can tell him to stop ill tell him to stop, but until then ill just play along... its not hurting anything i guess, and maybe im just taking it too serious :lol:

thanks for the help every one!!