1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My heart is saying two different things at once.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DominoSuis, Oct 11, 2014.

1. DominoSuis

Well, in the epic quest to discover my sexuality... I met someone last weekend at a friend's birthday celebration! And there was that instant connection, the tingly feeling in your face, the urge to smile and smile and smile... and it's a guy! Blow me away, it's a guy. : ) Which isn't much of a problem right now, until I think of further down the line...

I'm swept away by the feeling of this crush/'love'/whatever this is, I really am. We're arranging to meet up for coffee (our first 'date'!) and I'm both super excited and imagining holding his hand, and stupidly nervous and scared of screwing up.

And all the while this is going on, a little voice is whispering, "but I want to date a girl." Despite all my insecurity and doubt about the "homo" part of my sexuality, it still stubbornly remains. It's a very strange thing indeed.

So... I'd like to see this guy, but I also want to be with a girl. Uh...? Is there any advice in the book on this one?

2. Poppyseed

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the curiosity is still there - something I'm dealing with - but I wouldn't NOT go on a date with someone I genuinely like just because he's a guy.

And it's a date, I say give it some time. There's no way of knowing that this will lead to something else.

3. DominoSuis

Oh, of course! I'm still going to meet up and go on a date with him! : D I wouldn't pass this up. It's rare for me to feel anything in terms of attraction for people.

I was just curious as to whether it meant something.

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

why do you want to be with a girl?

5. Zelos

I'd say you still try with that guy. If he's as amazing as you think, you're likely to hardly hear that little voice anymore.
    I can identify with your situation in the way that I got with my boyfriend when I had just realised I liked girls. I didn't do iton purpose, of course :grin: I was aiming to have a girlfriend at the time and then we fell in love. I still have that little voice saying it wished I had a girl now, but I satisfy the homo part of me looking around in the street :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I've been with my guy for 3 years and a month now and we're very happy. So I'd say go for it :slight_smile: You'll have a good time, and don't worry about your lesbian side :slight_smile:

6. DominoSuis

I'd like to be with a woman as... well, I'd like to be with a woman. That's about it, really. There's no denying that I clearly feel something for men as well, though, which is why I identify as bisexual (closeted, though).

And thank you for the advice! : ) I'm definitely giving this a shot.