1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romantic attraction to cis males, trans men, and male-presenting non-bianary genders?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by theflyingelf, Oct 11, 2014.

1. theflyingelf

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, so I recently discovered that I'm not just attracted to cis males. I know it would still be considered heteroromantic if I was also attracted to trans men (I think), but I now find that I am also attracted to agendered/genderless people who choose to be male presenting.

I know sex does not equal gender, and I could care less if someone was pre-transitioning or not, I guess because I'm ace it doesn't apply in my brain.

I find gender to be a weird concept, and I feel like gender doesn't matter, buuut, I could never see myself romantically involved with a female, or a female-presenting person, so I feel pan would not fit me. I hope I'm not being hypocritical.

I'm not rushing to find myself another label, just asking if there was a word to communicate how I feel on the topic when people ask me, because I am open to more than just cis men, and I want people to know that.

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Romantic attraction to cis males, trans men, and male-presenting non-bianary gend

You say you're androphilic, I guess? It means you're attracted to males and masculinity.

3. MrK21

Re: Romantic attraction to cis males, trans men, and male-presenting non-bianary gend

I would say you are straight but sense you like male presenting nonbinaries, idk.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

That would still make you heteromantic. I'm the same way with women; cis or trans

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Sounds straight to me :confused:

6. Ruthven

in regards to this yes it definitely still would be heteroromantic since hey, we're males just like cis guys y'know, just trans and they're cis

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Androsexual is a good word to describe you

8. MrK21

AndroSEXUAL? K, I am not sure about that but in the previous scenario you have obviously heard about, but that was a case where I could technically still identify as Queer/Bi and Heterosexual. [PS, I decided against any male-identified individual]

Straight,Bi,Gay/Lesbian can simply imply interests in corresponding genders and may be inconclusive of sex.

Heterosexual,Homosexual,Bisexual-The reverse of that statement.

With that being said, I think Androphilic would be more appropriate.

9. theflyingelf

Out Status:
    A few people

I was searching around using your suggestions, and i found this.
    Hmm.

10. MrK21

Seems appropriate

11. TheStormInside

I agree, I think you may be overcomplicating things for yourself. Or like Falling said, you can consider yourself "heteroromantic asexual."

To my understanding trans males want to present as male and be thought of as male just like any other guy, so basically, you're attracted to a male romantically. I don't think (though people can correct me if I'm wrong) that a trans guy would necessarily *want* you to make a distinction between attraction to themselves and attraction to a cis guy. As for the nonbinary gender identity, I don't know much on the subject so I'll leave it for others who are more knowledgeable to address. But my gut assumption is that if you are attracted to someone who is nonbinary but who presents as male then "straight" still fits.

#11 TheStormInside, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  12. Re: Romantic attraction to cis males, trans men, and male-presenting non-bianary gend

As others have said, liking trans guys doesn't make you "not straight". There are plenty of straight people who like trans people who identify as the opposite gender, just as there are gay guys who like trans guys and lesbians who like trans girls. I agree with others who say andro- would be a good prefix for your romantic attraction, seeing as some nonbinary people may not want you to lump them in with people who identify as male. Ultimately, though, your label is up to you.

13. theflyingelf

Out Status:
    A few people

Exactly why I was asking. I already knew liking trans men was still straight. They are guys, which means opposite my gender.
    What I wanted to get across was that I seem to like non-binaries as well, and by calling myself heteroromantic erases the non-binaries, as they are not men; or not exclusively male.