1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this girl I liked in denial about being a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by littleflash22, Oct 11, 2014.

1. littleflash22

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm a straight girl who had a crush on another girl who I was pretty sure liked me back. We were very shy around eachother, used to lock eyes constantly, brush up against eachother etc. All the telltale crush signs. I used to catch her staring at me sometimes with such intensity that a reeled back in shock. She had this big, dreamy grin on her face. Despite being shy, we had epic fb chats that ended in a xx. When I talked about boys/exes, she seemed to get all huffy and storm off. She also seemed to have a great interest in me and convinced me to play for her softball club. After I signed up, she said she put down to be my coach. Anyway, I decided to tell her I liked her. Now she's gone psycho, hates me, and keeps attacking me about she's not gay. I really thought she was. She shows other signs too. Like is a major tomboy, dresses like a boy, wears no makeup, always has her hair in a tight, short ponytail, has never had a boyfriend despite being nearly 22 and shows no interest in having one. Was she right and I've read the situation totally wrong? I felt such a deep connection with her, I don't know how I could be wrong :frowning2:

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    she could be bisexual too but I have no idea if she's lesbian or not but from what you wrote she sure likes you a lot .

3. neutron

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can't tell really if one is a lesbian until she said so but her expression does show that she is interested in you and maybe in a way of more than a friend does. My impression is that she freaked when you said you like her because she does have something for you. I don't know what to recommend but approach her slower as she wishes or just go right ahead and flirt with her then.

4. littleflash22

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I knew I wasn't imagining it. Thank you! She reckons I'm deluded and there were no "signs". I think she's just massively scared.

5. Reptillian

None of those are affirmative evidence. Locking eyes could be her way of communication, the grin just might be her way of being nice, the attacks might be from previous misunderstanding. Then, we have the way she dresses which could be a sign that she does not value gender. Having no relationships in the past is not evidence as there are many people who does not have one because they see no point into being into one.

6. Emotional love

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say that you have shown her your interest. Let her react in her own way in her own time. If she doesn't persue a relationship let her go and move own. Don't waste time wondering what if, get to know other people - perhaps those comfortable knowing who they are. May be she will see sense. Good luck. X