1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about my sexuality.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by yayforthelgbt, Oct 12, 2014.

1. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm confused about my sexuality. So pretty much, I'm 13 and I'm male. Since puberty began I have felt an attraction to guys. When I'm about in public I can see a guy and feel attracted to him. This never seems to happen with girls. And I can get turned on by guys, but sometimes I can also get turned on by girls. Like I will get an erection seeing a guy but then sometimes when I see a girl I may not get an erection, but I still feel a bit turned on. In childhood I just felt straight since I didn't understand sexuality and didn't know better, but when puberty started I started looking at hot guys yet I didn't really understand what I was doing. I am kinda comfortable with the fact I'm probably gay. In fact I'm very sure I'm gay. I even came out for the first time today to a close online friend. But even when I'm so sure I'm gay, I will have those moments when I will get turned on by girls too and I just get confused again. Sometimes when my friends what are girls talk about having guy friends I kinda want to be their only guy friend (a bit jealous.) I don't know if this is romantic, since I would feel uncomfortable being in a relationship with them. I want to come out to people I know in real life now too, but I don't want to rush it since I'm only 13 and my mum says at the moment are hormones are all over the place and that we can feel attracted to guys and girls. Should I wait till I finish puberty to tell them to make sure I know for sure? I really don't know. I just want to tell everyone but I need to be certain. And getting on to the emotional attraction, I feel like I could be in a relationship with a guy but sometimes that makes me feel uncomfortable and I then can be in a relationship with a girl. I don't know if the fact that I can be uncomfortable about relationships with a guy could be because I've only seen straight couples in childhood or because I'm really straight/bi? I have actually came out to some of my friends before as bi but I think that was just because I was scared of homophobia/was scared of being gay (even though I now know you can get biphobia too.) I don't know what to do. Please help!

2. theflyingelf

Out Status:
    A few people
    You could be a homoromantic bisexual (sexually attracted to both, romantically attracted to guys) or just biromantic bisexual with a preference towards guys. If that helps.

3. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thanks :slight_smile: I have thought about that. I may just be a biromantic bisexual with a preference towards guys, I guess I'll wait and see what happens. It would just be nice to know for sure. I'll probably figure it out when I'm older.