1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Slight Bit of Confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by KazeKitten, Oct 12, 2014.

1. KazeKitten

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is quite honestly knew to me. I was lucky that I had never struggled with my sexuality, or being accepted by my family. My hardships in life came and come from other areas. I've always liked guys, only guys, and that was cool.

But there is this one woman I cannot help find romantic, and some sexual attraction to. I had fallen in love with her a while ago, but I was fresh out of a relationship and I wanted to wait a while, and try to come to terms with these new feelings. We were open and honest about our feelings for each other, but I took too long, and she didn't believe I could truly love her, as she was a woman, and it was impossible for her to believe my sexuality could alter at all.

She ended up with her ex. But then two days into their relationship, she asked if i'd be with her if she left him. I wanted to say yes at the time and give it a shot, but I just imagined hurting her new partner like that, and I couldn't do that. I asked her to give it a shot with him, and after a while if she still wanted to, we would.

We grew distant for a while, and now I have my own boyfriend. But we've recently reconnected and she has made it obvious she still has strong feelings for me, and is single now, and believes that I did truly love her. And I can't help but feel the spark reunite. My feelings for this woman are real.

Despite all this, i'm not looking for love advice. That part I can handle myself. But I am not sure what this attraction means for me and my sexuality. Was my attraction to this one specific woman, or am I changing and becoming more bisexual? Is this unusual? Has something similar happened to anyone else? I'd love to hear about it.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Going to get some flack for this but...

Seems like she wants to get back with you out of (unrealised) desperation. I mean, she "knows" she has something sure with you and... yeah, keep that in mind.

Something (not as complicated) happened to me a long time ago, basically... Ask yourself this, when you come home from a long day at <insert random place where you spend most of your day>, do you think about your boyfriend or about this girl? Simple as that...

It's normal to question your sexuality, from time to time. It's not like, you "have" to be 101% gay. Sometime, we find ourselves liking, other people, who just... happen to not be who we would normally be attracted to.