1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At peace with myself

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ashestopheonix, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Ashestopheonix

This is more of me putting it out there, than a post of someone that needs advice, but I've made some posts in the past here about how lately I've been confused about my long standing lesbian identity for the past eight years. years and how I realized that I might have been sweeping some things under the rug when it came to how I feel about guys and at one point I even contacted my first grade school boyfriend on Facebook to try and figure things out (Although I didn't tell him that).

I guess I felt like I had to put some sort of label on it (Mainly for myself) but today I realized something after talking one of my classmates. we've been helping each other out with the homework and I went a little out of my way to explain a homework on a day he missed and he seemed so happy that I helped him that it put a little smile on my face and I just thought how nice he seemed. That was when I realized that While I am attracted to people via looks and sexual organs, I'm also attracted to people on a personality basis, which in retrospect should be something obvious but for whatever reason it wasn't to me. I hadn't seen guys on a date-able level until then. It's just that moment where you smile just a little extra more because of what someone said or did made me realize I don't think I care what gender someone is its who they are that should matter. Now I don't like the guy, but he just made me realize something special. Almost wish I could thank him for it.

From now on I'm just going to like who I like and if and when any problems arise I'll deal with it then because I'll have been investing in someone I care about, and not rejecting them because of what's between their legs.