1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian? Bi-romantic? Demi? So many terms

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sleepwalking, Oct 15, 2014.

1. sleepwalking

Sorry in advance, this is kinda long.

So one thing is for sure, I definitely prefer girls over guys. The thought of being with a guy sexually makes me cringe (no offense guys) but I just can't visualize myself ever having a long-term intimate relationship with a guy. The thing is I have had crushes on a few guys in my life, one of whom I grew rather close to. We texted and chatted daily for almost two months. In person though I could never bring myself to make physical contact. We talked about my aversion to holding hands or toughing and the guy (lets call him B.) seemed ok with that. He said something like "well everyone has their boundaries" and understood the need to go slow. We got into some deep conversations. One night we were talking about things we liked in other people when B. asked what I find sexy. I didn't have an answer. I've never really thought about it, but I don't know that I find any particular physical trait sexy. I mean at most I like people who have specific hair cuts, but I don't really count that. Another topic that came up early on was the topic of crushes. I mentioned I have had about four crushes. The thing is I couldn't mention that the most recent (and major) crush was on a girl who I sat behind in band :newcolor: I could bring myself to mention it. I knew B. was very accepting and probably wouldn't have cared but I was still coming to terms with the crush at the time. Since then B. has started college and we aren't really taking as much anymore, but I still regret not bringing up the fact that I like girls.

Ok, back to the point I originally wanted to make, so I most definitely had feelings for B. I mean when I would see him before school I would get that butterflies in my stomach feeling of nervousness and got really awkward like I do when I like someone :icon_redf The thing is, even then, I couldn't even think about physical contact of any kind. I couldn't visualize us holding hands or kissing (that thought grossed me out actually) BUT when I have a crush on a girl, I am perfectly comfortable with physical contact, if anything I almost crave it. I can be a very physical person. I'm good with hugs, high fives, even being used as a pillow by friends both male and female (&&&) but when I was talking to B. the thought of touching him in any way made my skin crawl, yet I still liked him. (*hug*)

I tend to get crushes on people who I've known for a period of time. We talk and get to know each other and I develop attraction. But at the same time, there have been a few people I seem to be immediately attracted too just based on the way they look and carry themselves around others.

So here's my question: How do I explain this to others. I wan't people to understand that I mostly like girls, but I am genuinely attracted to a guy (B.) just not sexually. So what would be the best way to quantify this so that my friends understand, but I don't want to make B. feel like sh*t and think I was lying about my affection (even if it is only intellectual) To those of ou who made ti through the entirety of my post any thoughts? Demi fits the fact that most people I have crushes on start out as friends who I then like later on. But I predominately like girls, thus lesbian. But what about B.?? Can one identify as a lesbian who like guys intellectually only? should I just stick to calling said guys friends, and just ignore my stomach full of butterflies? Any advise or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. Gaidenxenomorph

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think it is possible to love like that. Some people say sexuality is fluid so it in my opinion cant be labeled. You love B but are not in love with him there are many types of live in the world and all are labeled as love. Telling people you are a lesbian for me i just slip it i to a conversation that i am interested in well...

---------- Post added 16th Oct 2014 at 07:47 PM ----------

I think it is possible to love like that. Some people say sexuality is fluid so it in my opinion cant be labeled. You love B but are not in love with him there are many types of live in the world and all are labeled as love. Telling people you are a lesbian for me i just slip it i to a conversation that i am interested in well...:icon_redf:

3. BaeHeart

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What are the differences among the labels anyway? im sick of it