1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

straight romantic, gay sexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bandini87, Oct 15, 2014.

1. bandini87

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi guys this is my first post here, and the community seems to be fantastic. So here's my case: I feel that I'm gay, I was going out with girls for years, but it never felt right, especially the sex part. It's this that made me question my sexuality so I had relations with a guy and it felt strange but nice after all. My experience with guys is limited, but it's felt good. The thing though is that I naturally tend to flirt with girls and I kind of have a romantic attraction to them although I know that sex wont work... This makes me feel bad sometimes because I can have a strong connection to a girl but at the same time I know that we wont ever be more than friends. At the same time I kind of have to "force" myself to flirt with guys, even though I know that sex will probably be fun. Also when I see guys on the street I dont usually feel really attracted to them, at most I just think "thats a pretty guy!". Im a little bit confused by this. What do you guys think? Thank you so much.

2. CuriousLiaison

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well there are people who class themselves as heteroromantic but homosexual. I certainly have worried that I'm the opposite, and still find it easier to identify as homoromantic than homosexual. I don't know if there are any people like either of us who post here regularly, and I don't know what sort of domestic arrangements they tend to end up in.

Once you were in the relationship with the guy was it easy to chat with him like a boy/girlfriend? Or did you still have to force yourself? It's probably to be expected that it would feel weird early on.

3. RusselBradley

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey! I've just started to come out and explore my sexuality with men. I can only speak from my own experience, but I sympathize with having strong romantic feelings for women. I've also felt largely sexually fulfilled by women as well, but have an undeniable itch that I need to explore with men. Ultimately, I want a loving relationship - I don't particularly care if it's with a man or a woman. So that means doing the hard work of learning to be in caring, loving, romantic relationships with men. This is something that I'm only just starting to consider, so it's all very new to me. But it comes down to treating others as you would like to be treated: honesty, commitment, care, tenderness - these are all aspects of a loving relationship. If you feel comfortable allowing a man into your life sexually, perhaps try, at your own pace, to let them into your heart.