1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I more gay than bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tyogani, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Tyogani

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello, I'm 30 and starting to wonder whether I prefer women to men. I'm in a 5 year relationship with a guy but the sex has never quite been right, although I do get turned on by it, I never want to initiate. I've recently been attracted to another women (I would say I'm falling in love with her) and ever since, can't stop thinking about being with a woman. I've been attracted to women in the past but they've always been straight or unavailable. I've consequently always had relationships with men and thinking back, although I have occasionally been the one to initiate, it has been rare. Generally I think I have a healthy sex drive, but recently, all i can think about is women (and this one specifically).

I've always seem myself as bi, but I'm starting to think I have a stronger lean towards women, however surely I should have realised this before the age of 30?! I am prepared to leave my current partner, if actually I need to be with a woman but I feel my judgement is clouded right now. It's a huge decision and I would be really grateful to hear any advice / similar experiences.

2. Gen

Gen

Being completely in the middle of the spectrum is certainly not a requirement to be bisexual. A large portion of polysexuals find themselves more attracted to the members of a certain sex or gender more-so than others. The fact that you experiencing attractions on both sides still classifies you under the blanket category of bisexuality.

The reason why you feel so driven to be with a women is because the desires that you have held from them over the years haven't been fulfilled. It is completely possible for bisexuals to be content with being in a monogamous relationship, but only when they have made peace with their attractions and become certain that they are with the people that bring them fulfillment. You don't seem to have received that assurance before entering this relationship, which might point to ending it as the best option.