1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dreams

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dan89, Oct 18, 2014.

?

dreams mean anything?

1. yes

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. dan89

I did post yesterday but didn't get the amount t of replies I wanted so here's a poll.Want to know people's opinion here. If say a gay person was constantly dreaming about sex with the opposite sex say 3+ a week and never about the same sex or vice versa do you think It means anything?

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I might have commented on your previous post, but I definitely think dreams reveal your true desires, whether these desires are conscious or subconscious.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    *laughs*
    this reminds me of school...
    when we had homework, the next day the teacher would offer a few different results, with hands going up, who had which results... the majority was almost always wrong...
    just saying not all things can be measured via a poll :slight_smile:

If this subject really interests you, why not looking it up on a dictionary for dream symbols ?
    I did that and offered a few comments...

If it is a recurring dream, your subconscious might work on something... its your subconscious, so you might reflect a bit on what it might mean to you.

Not all things we dream of have literal meaning. If a man dreams of having a baby, it might mean finishing a project... things along those lines. Or even wanting to bring an idea into the world... it depends on your situation.

Thats why usually if you go to a professional, you are asked questions...

of course not all has meaning, some stuff is just pictures picked up during the day...
    but imO you can tell the difference...

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    dreammoods.com says, "If you are heterosexual and you dream that you are having sex with someone of the same sex, then it represents an expression of greater self love and acceptance. You need to be in better touch of your feminine or masculine side. The dream does not necessarily imply homosexual desire."

And if that's the case, I would assume a gay person dreaming about the opposite sex would be like, "If you are homosexual and you dream that you are having sex with someone of the opposite sex, then it represents an expression of greater self love and acceptance. You need to be in better touch of your feminine or masculine side. The dream does not necessarily imply heterosexual desire."

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dreams never mean anything... they are usually a mish mash of things I've seen/experienced throughout the day, when I do dream.

6. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe dreams are a collective of ideas, patterns, events and desires that your brain pieces together to create a story of sorts. To an extent, it does have meaning, but it is mangled and meshed together with stray and lingering thoughts and images.

7. Blossom85

I think sometimes our dreams are our subconscious minds at work, telling us things we desire deep down and it doesn't have to be black and white.. It can mean something else, I think if you want to analyze your dreams, there are sites you can go on and it might help you make more sense of it.

8. ChameleonSoul

I'm one of those people that believes that dreams are the subconscious mind at work and show us our true thoughts and desires. But you have to remember that there aren't many proven facts in psychology, particularly in dream analysis. All there really is involving dreams are theories, so it completely up to you whether you feel that they should be interpreted or not.

9. CuriousLiaison

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that people will tend to have dreams in line with their sexuality. But a lot of people become very worried if they have dreams about people other than their normal preference, or about incest or hardcore BDSM that would normally appall them and which they wouldn't have thought they were into.

In those cases, I don't think it necessarily means that they are subconsciously into those things. I think the more telling thing isn't what you dream about, but how you feel about it. If you have a happy sex dream then you're probably well adjusted. If you are distressed during the dream, I think that's a bigger indication that you are repressing something.