1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about sexuality, need help.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by queerconfused, Oct 19, 2014.

1. queerconfused

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there

I really need some help with this, its keeping me awake.

I have identified as bi sexual for a while, recently liking women way more than men, to the point I thought I might be gay. But I still found some men attractive so I thought I'm probably still bi.

Last night I met a guy who asked me out, and we went back to mine and did some physical stuff and it was all quite nice, and we are going out again.

But I'm starting to freak out. If we got in a relationship this means I can't try being with a woman (I've only has sex with 3 women, and only one relationship) which is what I would like. But what if I some how found a woman, realised it was the same for me as being with a man and regretted my disision?

I'm also worried because since being single and more into women I have become more active in the LGBT community and love it, I love the feeling and I love talking to other girls about liking women and having that connection. Would having a boyfriend ruin that for me, would I lose that connection?

I have also started presenting a little more masculine, which i love (I don't do it every day, maybe 3 or 4 days a week). I'm worried being in a straight relationship will discourage me from doing this.

The more I think about it the more I think I'm just pretty much gay. But I don't want to right this guy off, he's nice, I enjoyed what we did, he's just NOT A WOMAN. I'm going on the date and I'm going to see what happens, but seriously, someone help me and tell me if i'm gay/so into women I might as well be. I'm confused about how my sexuality will effect my new found gender identity as well as the great connections I have made with others through being queer/bi.

So yeah

Help.

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you might be bi with a preference for women.

Personally, I think you should break it off with him if it's stressing you out so much. You don't have to if you don't want to though.

3. queerconfused

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going on the date and if I like him that much the gender shouldn't bother me. If it still does then I will break it off. The thing is if I was bi, wouldn't I be ok going out with him?

and yeah you are right. dating shouldn't be stressful

4. DarkestDream

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but...perhaps you just want to date different people and not settle on a serious relationship, and that's why dating this guy is stressing you out? It sounds like you'd like to keep things 'open' for yourself so that you can meet different guys/girls, so you can find out who you connect with, etc. Just a thought.