1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't know.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by piggymo, Oct 19, 2014.

1. piggymo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For most of my life I always assumed I was straight because that's all I ever knew. I didn't grow up around anyone that was LGBT and no one ever talked about it so I never even considered it a thing until my senior year of high school I started dating a boy and my entire family expressed their surprise because they had all believed I was lesbian because I had never expressed interest in boys before. When I was first told this I just scoffed and pushed it off, never really thinking about it until last year. I don't quite know what happened but I started realizing I found women and men equally attractive and became confused. I've only ever been intimate with a male and I will admit I was never quite enjoying myself but I just assumed that's the normal because he was the only person I had ever interacted with. Flash forward to now and I'm still confused. Whenever anyone points out that a guy may be flirting with me/checking me out/etc. I get slightly uncomfortable and anytime someone says that I should find a guy I get uncomfortable as well but I don't know if that's just because of my low self esteem or what. I find both men and women attractive but I've never met a woman that I've wanted to date, then again I've never really met many lesbians. Does anyone have an advice?

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can relate to some of what you wrote. I also grew up in a LGBT free environment and didn't know that dating a girl is an option. I've always known that I'm not gonna marry a guy but back then it never occurred to me that I could be attracted to women. I do recollect feeling very uncomfortable when a guy came to my house, I had no idea he likes me, and all I could think about was "why are you here, could you pls go away already". LOL What opened my eyes was meeting a lesbian online who I become drawn to like a magnet. :icon_wink
    I think it's good to be open to both options and check how you feel about it. There are many questions you can ask yourself, like Can you imagine to date/kiss/be intimate with/marry a woman? Also, I'd recommend you to read other people's posts here on the forum because lots of them deal with the same stuff as you do.
    And feel free to post more, there are many people here willing to listen, and moreover people who can understand what you've been going through. (*hug*)

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:
    Am I Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgender?

There is romantic and sexual attraction...
    and some bi people are more attracted to girls, for example...

I'd say take your time...

(*hug*)