1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do it sound like I'm starting to accept myself?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by automne, Oct 19, 2014.

1. automne

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How did you know for sure that you were really gay? The moment you were really sure, did it feel like "you were normal again"? Like, in your head, did you feel/think "Yeah I like the same gender and I like green apple too, whatever, I'm who I am and I'm normal"?

I want to know because I guess I'm finally starting to accept my sexuality.. I'm the kind of girl who always doubt herself and I find it strange to "feel normal without doubting myself" lol

I'm so used to feel weird about myself since my teenage years, so I don't know if I can trust my "new feeling of normality".. I don't know how to explain, but I feel like the "true me", the "old me" like when I was a child... (When I was checking out girls without knowing it was "wrong")

I've been struggling with my sexuality over nearly 6 years now; I'm still scared to come out, but in my mind, I kind of feel happy about my sexuality now!

So, am I starting to accept my sexuality or it's just my mind tricking me? How did you feel when you have accepted your sexuality?

(Lol I find it funny that I feel strange because I feel normal again XD ~that's why I find it hard to trust my feeling, because my mind trick me a lot sometimes lol)

P.S. Sorry If my english is not good! Thank you :slight_smile:

2. DarkestDream

How did it feel...hmmm...like RELIEF, I think. In the beginning, I still worried what other people would think, but as I began to accept MYSELF, then I didn't worry anymore what they would think. It was like I was a child, in a new and beautiful world, and it was very freeing.
    It sounds like you are very much starting to realize who you really are, and I'm very happy for you! :slight_smile: (*hug*)

3. NatWheeled

Oh gosh darn it, had a reply written out but had to step away for a bit n it got lost. Ohwell it was prolly too long anyways.

Yes relief is how I felt.
    Relief that I didn't have to fight it anymore.
    Relief that God didn't strike me down with Lighting...or the Holy Spirit didn't put a major guilt trip on me.
    Relief that it didn't change who I was as a person.

I still fear how my family will take it. I fear losing the closeness I have with my siblings. But overall, there is relief, and peace.