1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am I a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by teri88, Oct 20, 2014.

1. teri88

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ive been questioning my sexuality for about a year now I meant I think im attracted to girls but im scared of telling people I dont want to be judged and scared in general I really don't know what to do

2. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there. First of all, welcome to EC.

Figuring out your sexuality is a process that takes time. It is rarely clear from the outset. Don't rush yourself. What I would recommend doing first is to get comfortable with the idea for yourself. Books can be a great way to do this, and some movies can be as well. I found LGBT romance novels a great way to become more comfortable with my sexuality and it has really reassured me that it is okay to like people of the same sex.

Coming out when and if you decide to is not usually an easy thing to do. Some people may accept you, and some may not. One of the ways you can tell if you are ready is if you feel prepared for people's reactions either way. It's not easy but I want to assure you that being true to who you are is worth it long term. In the short term things may be difficult for a while. Don't lose hope and find people that will help you along the way to your happiness. It's a long road but you can get there one step at a time.

3. Confused Teen18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In due time, you will find out. Don't just say you are straight, or are a lesbian.

If its the case where you really are a lesbian, your fear of coming out does not change your orientation. It is all a process....one which most of us have a problem with and that is the reason why we are here.

I'm not questioning my sexuality, but i'm closeted. Why? The right time has not presented itself as yet. When it does, i'll take my chance.

If you want someone to talk to, feel free to add me. And take care. I wish you the best of luck. :slight_smile:

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can imagine how you're feeling because I've felt the same way for many years, so my advice to you is, do not to deny how you feel because that will only make things worse. You need to embrace your feelings as difficult as they may seem to accept.

I love women as well and it's such an amazing feeling so you have nothing to be ashamed of :slight_smile:

5. Blossom85

I think just take your time and don't feel pressured to label yourself straight away. As the others have mentioned, it is a process that takes time. Don't worry about labeling yourself right now.. Just sit with the feeling that you are attracted to women and go from there, do you still find men attractive at all? Or just women? Whatever it might be, just sit with it and let yourself learn more about yourself and discover yourself, learn what you like and don't like.. Don't think about the end process and coming out yet, just focus on what is happening with you right now, and how you feel.