1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian Labels/Terms

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by teagirl, Oct 21, 2014.

1. teagirl

teagirl Guest

I call myself Gay or Lesbian. I'm in my thirties and had only two sexual partners both of which were my ex girlfriends. Before my 1st gf, I've had a few female best friends who I was emotionally attached to at that time, we were all single and you can say we were eachother's companion (purely platonic) and that's how I got thru all these years until I had my first gf/partner. I'm now back being single and have formed close friendships again with single women who are not gay but never had boyfriends either in their entire lives (some of them are nearly 40). It's been more than a year since I parted ways with my ex and haven't been sexually with any girl since then. I am not asexual. And I've recently bumped into some terms such as homo romantic etc which is all new to me. I can go on without having sex with another woman until I meet the one. So far I'm okay with the close emotional bond I've formed again with my other female straight friends who have never been with anyone all their lives. I still don't know what category I fall under.

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really sure what kind of answer you were expecting, but you definitely sound like a lesbian to me. I think you already know that though. :slight_smile:

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You sound like a lesbian to me you only like sexually women and not men I think that pretty much sums up what a lesbian is , doesn't say how much your suppose to like having sex with women .

4. Pipihpipih

Pipihpipih Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah u are ..a lesb.

5. Blossom85

I would tend to agree with the others, even if you aren't actively having sex with a woman, it doesn't make you asexual if you still feel sexually attracted to women. I would still say you are a lesbian as well.. Perhaps you are feeling a little unsure at the moment and just re-questioning as a way of making sure of who you are.

6. teagirl

teagirl Guest

Thank you. It's not that I'm not sexually attracted to females because I really am. Maybe I'm just too timid even at this age. My last two gf's were the ones who initiated our relationship. I question myself sometimes ... am I not "gay" enough.