1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uncharted Waters

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kman33193, Oct 21, 2014.

1. kman33193

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to get your opinions on some things. I recently came out to myself 3 months ago and since then I've told my parents, cousin, and a few other friends. I'm going to tell my siblings and other friends from home pretty soon, but as it stands now, I'm really not ready to tell my college friends. But that's all kinda irrelevant.

I've always had a relatively low sex drive, but I still have had sex with a few girls and I always was a big fan. I'm at the point now where I'm still kinda struggling to (truly) accept my feelings for men. I'm not ashamed of it, but because I lived so long trying to be straight, the idea of actually being with a man makes me really uncomfortable. Not that I look down upon same sex couples, just to me, it's a pretty new thing in my life. So here's my question: when you first came out to yourselves, did the idea of actually being with someone of the same sex kinda freak you out? Or from the get go, were you totally comfortable exploring your options?

I guess it all comes back to my relatively low sex drive. I don't really have any overwhelming desire to be with another guy now, but I know I owe it to myself to figure it out. It's just really confusing and stressful.

#1 kman33193, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014