1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My story

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lion12, Oct 21, 2014.

1. lion12

Hey.
    So I've searched for the right way to post about this, because I think I'm looking for support/people who went through something similar/understanding more than advice.
    Here's a part of my story.
    I've been interested in girls when I was in high school but I was in denial at the time. Then long story short I dated a guy and we were together for a while. I can say I genuinely loved him at the time and I had completely forgotten about women; I was happy with him. I was devastated when we broke up, and I was so sad that I swore to myself that I wouldn't date until I was ready again. I didn't want a rebound.
    I'm not into meaningless sex or one night stands so I was alone for a while, and I had no interest in dating. Then for a number of various reasons I finally realized that it wasn't that I didn't want to date... it was that I didn't want to date men. I went through a long period of confusion, reached out for help and met two pretty great people online who have been of great support. One of them was in a very similar situation so it was good. Anyway, not the point of this post. lol. so after a confusing time, I accepted that I am interested in girls and I'm pretty positive that I want my next relationship to be with a woman.
    The thing is, I don't know if I'll ever want to date men again. I don't know if I want to date a woman now because I've juste came to terms with being interested in women and I want to pursue this or if I'm a lesbian. I don't know if I'm gay of bi. that's just it. And I'm not putting any pressure on myself, because I think that at one point I'll know and I think that I've come a long way already and I don't need additional pressure. I'm still attracted to some men, I can picture myself with one but at this moment the idea of being with a woman seems a lot more attractive and fulfilling to me. Maybe I'm a lesbian and I'm in denial. Maybe I'm bi and I just try to read too much into everything. Who knows?
    Anyway. That was just my story. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read and in advance to anyone who'll reply :smilewave

#1 lion12, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  2. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like a situation where 'I'll date the people I end up fancying and determine my sexuality from that later' is a good approach.

3. lion12

You're right... thanks!