1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with my best friend? ( Man-Man)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ConfusedguyZZ, Oct 23, 2014.

1. ConfusedguyZZ

Ok.. here it goes.... When i was at junior high school, I met a guy that was cool, handsome , kind, and eventually we became best friends, we were always talking, sending messages, even say i love you to each other. Whatever... When i went at high school, I fell with love with him, because of his heart, his kindness, and also, i find him hot!! He is a sport guy so, but i love him because he made me feel that i am special....... I said him the truth at april 2014 that i loved him but he said its ok because he thought that is is temporarily.. but i confirmed it at 2014 july when i said to him that i think about him all day all night, i miss him so much and i cry every time when he is not near me... he has a girlfriend and when he talks about her or he shows me photos of her i want to cry and die, i want his hug i think it's the only person that can protect me. It is the only person that i loved. And even this day i am in love with him and again i cry... We go to the same school and he prefers talking with other friends and sometimes he leaves school and goes to an another school where his girlfriend is... I dont, the advice i want this.. Schould i tell him that i am still in love with him i dont know.... We have so much fun together and i dont want to destroy our relationship... I dont know I LOVE HIM

2. Unkempt Harold

If he's not romantically attracted to men, I'm REALLY sorry :frowning2:

These things happen for everyone. I'm STILL semi in love with a girl I knew from elementary school. We used to go to movies and watch anime. Played ps2 also X) Sometimes I even dream about her still :slight_smile:. But I moved. And I never saw her again.

You have to move on.

3. c6587

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh man, I really hate to say it but your going to have to find a way to move on. The truth is he is just not gay. I'm dealing with this same issue. Last year I told my straight best friend about my feelings for him and while he was flattered, he didn't feel the same. I have had to find a way to be his friend and put my feelings a side.

Sometimes doing that is so hard, especially when he talks about his ex girlfriends or previous sexual activities. We hang out more often recently because we finally had the time and sometimes afterwards i miss him. I feel it as I'm writing this. But if you want to keep the friend I wouldn't tell him again, he already knows and you've told him twice already. Not to mention you said he prefers talking to other people in school, don't make it anymore awkward than it might already be and loosing him as a friend could possibly make you feel that much worse.

If you still want his friendship you have to try to move on and shift focus to someone or something else, and if that seems undo able, it might be in your best interest to get some distance for a while. It's hard I know, believe me I know all too well. Over time is does get better slowly. In my case I still feel what I feel but I don't want to lose the friend because we can talk about any and everything under the sun, literally! Any problems I'm having I can talk to him about and vise versa, including my issues with my orientation. So you have to decide what you truly want out of this situation. I hope I helped in someway and I truly hope everything works out for you.

#3 c6587, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  4. ConfusedguyZZ

Thanks for the answer, but i think its really hard to move on because sometimes he asks me what lesson we have next or for homework and sometimes says jokes, so it's really hard to avoid him..he has pretty eyes :icon_redf. Today he brought his guitar and he played some romantic songs that i wished he dedicated to me ...... sometimes he flips he t shirt up and it turns me on.I have fapped sometimes for him but ok after that i felt strange but i dont think that's normal. I dont really how to move on i dont know deleting him from facebook, phone pictures... Love is difficult..

5. randomdude

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm in a similar situation. It's really hard and I can't give you any advice. I know my friend for 3 years and the feelings start developing 4~5 months ago and I'm in the same stage - nobody knows and I don't know what to do. I never had a crush like this on anyone before.

Best of lucks for you.

6. Pipihpipih

Pipihpipih Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was in junior hi
    I also had that experience
    let it go naturally..dont tell him anything about ur feeling yet

7. Fantie

Fantie Guest

--
    are you sure he's straight. LOL not that he has fallen for you but usually girly/femine gays and girls friends say that to each other in friendship meaning. I really haven't seen a heterosexual guy say that before :dry:

8. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From my understanding, he seems to be somewhat confused himself, maybe. I think this because of the fact you guys said i love you to eachother, now depending on how he said it could of been in a friendly way, like "i love you, man/bro." But the fact that when you told him, he said it was okay and that he thoguht it was temporary. Makes me think that he is questioning his sexuality and maybe came to the conclusion he is straight or he could be denying the fact he is bi or gay and wants to think that he is straight.

9. ConfusedguyZZ

are you sure he's straight. LOL not that he has fallen for you but usually girly/femine gays and girls friends say that to each other in friendship meaning. I really haven't seen a heterosexual guy say that before

He just believes in strong friendship. I think that i am the only person that he says i love you. And he isnt homophobic he said it, but i dont think that he will abandon his girlfriend in order to be with me. Also he is interested in discussion about numerous think( and love and etc) but i dont know if third time will be good....

#9 ConfusedguyZZ, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  10. ConfusedguyZZ

I think the confused it's me, Yes we say I love you bro. And i dont think he is questioning his sexuality, cuz he has a girlfriend and he said ok because he thinks that i am a good friend :help::help:

11. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hmm... Yea i hate to say it then maybe he isn't. From my understanding usually "I love you bro" is just kind of in a friendly way with no real i wanna be with you feelings behind it. The best thing i can suggest is maybe just trying to move on and just keep him as a friend if its not to painful.

12. ConfusedguyZZ

Move on.... I cant... I love him.... I dont want to lose him.... no...:tears::tears::bang:

13. ForeverYoung000

Wow...it might be hard but can' you al least try and get over him? You guys will hopefully still be close friends. If you truly love someone, you should let them go. Move on. Let him be straight and don't try to ruin the friendship you guys have. It might be hard but near the end its all worth it. Here is what I'm seeing...Your crush is straight. You like him. He has a girlfriend. Only thing you can do is move on...there will be other fish in the sea. You just caught the wrong one. Anyway, good luck!!

14. ConfusedguyZZ

I truly love him.. but i cant get over him.But i think that i will destroy his life.....