1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question About Labels and Fluidity

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by rhapsodic, Oct 23, 2014.

1. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So recently, I've come to realize that I keep flipping between liking girls and liking guys. I seem to go through phases where I like girls more and others where I like both girls and guys and others where I seem to like guys more.

I know this is confusing and maybe a bit out of the blue of anyone who's seen my previous posts, especially the thread I started about a week ago where I basically questioned whether or not I even like guys at all. I think I've just come out of a really long phase where my attraction towards girls was much stronger. I met this guy and he sort of changed things, but that's not what I'm here to talk about.

Basically, my question is, could I just call myself "fluid"? Is that a proper label that people actually use? And if you think there's a better word to use, please let me know. :slight_smile:

#1 rhapsodic, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can call yourself whatever the heck you want. "Fluid" would probably be most accurate for what you're experiencing, but it's all up to you. You can change it if it doesn't seem to fit quite right later on, or just not pick a label at all. All up to you.

3. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok :slight_smile: Thanks for you opinion. I think I'll keep it as fluid for now.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think fluid is a great word, and you can call yourself that,some people that I saw in a similar situation as yours refer to themselves as fluid bisexuals. Just yesterday I was thinking about this saying why don't people just call themselves ,fluid if their multi sexual or don't like using the word bi or if their label is confusing.

5. Lipstick Leuger

I like Fluid. It covers what you are.

6. Sunshine3000

Sunshine3000 Guest

Yeah if you feel comfortable calling yourself fluid that's all that matters. I was actually just reading posts about bisexuality and it said you can feel attraction towards different genders at different points of your life. :grin:

7. candle

i dont really care, as long as you dont use the lesbian label incorrectly

8. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be blunt, I like penis and vagina. I think both genders are quite arousing, but who I can form a relationship with is the tiebreaker.

But in all seriousness, yes sexuality is fluid and can change over time. That's why people come here and ask questions, because they are growing up.