1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if "bisexual" actually fits my orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wolfheartmoon, Oct 25, 2014.

1. wolfheartmoon

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, basically, my orientation is "I am sexually attracted to women only but am open to romantic relationships with anyone"
    For awhile, I just labeled this as bisexual/pansexual, but is that really a good term for it? Someone else said "pansexual with a preference", but doesn't pansexual mean "many"? :\
    I mean, I know the whole "don't label yourself", but I'd still like a name for this.
    I just said bisexual because I assumed sex was a part of any relationship, whether or not you were attracted to them sexually.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is from wikipedia:
    Pansexuality, or omnisexuality, is sexual attraction, sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction toward people of any sex or gender identity. Self-identified pansexuals may consider pansexuality a sexual orientation, and refer to themselves as gender-blind, asserting that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others.

Pansexuality rejects the gender binary, the "notion of two genders and indeed of specific sexual orientations", as pansexual people are open to relationships with people who do not identify as strictly men or women

3. ImaJen

OMG I've found someone who feels the same as me! I made this account because of you, just to let you know that you are not alone! I agree with you that we're always told not to label ourselves, but I like the labels :slight_smile: I call myself homosexual biromantic, if that's any help, as I am attracted to women but am open to a relationship with any gender.