1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a name for my sexual orientation?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ArcNelkul, Oct 28, 2014.

1. ArcNelkul

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have been to numerous forums and have not yet received a definitive answer. Here is the explanation I gave:

Physically, my body responds to sexual stimulation because of human anatomy and reproductive instinct; but, psychologically, I have no desire at all to engage in any kind of sexual behavior with anyone whatsoever, and never desired to in my entire life. My "sexual" attraction is not gender-specific at all and does not include desire to have sex nor fantasies of sexual intercourse. I am merely attracted to the person's appearance and have a desire to be physically close to them(i.e., hugging, cuddling, kissing) and nothing further. For example, two of my celebrity crushes are Emma Watson and Jake Gyllenhaal. I have zero desire to have sex with either of them, but a strong desire to be close to them.

I would greatly appreciate an answer at this point; I have nearly given up trying to find it.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wouldn't this be asexual ?:confused:

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it's quite obvious that sexual stimulation from either genders don't turn you on per se, but have you thought about the emotional attraction? Mirroring from what stocking said, if you were truly asexual, I'd believe that you wouldn't have the desire to have sex/reproduce.

4. Kimika

Asexuality takes many different forms.
    You could be Asexual which is the absense of desire to have sex with anyone, ever.

You can also be Demisexual/Grey-sexual in which you don't feel sexually attracted to anyone, but would have sex only with someone you share a deep, deep connection with emotionally. Or, you could just want to have sex with your romantic partner just to satisfy their desire, but you have no desires yourself.

There isn't just one way to be whatever sexuality you identify with, whatever gender identity you are. We are all different, and we have to all be different. Else it would be a very boring world.

5. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Couldn't agree more; sexuality is fluid.

6. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    pansexuality, or omnisexuality, is sexual attraction, sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction toward people of any sex or gender identity. Self-identified pansexuals may consider pansexuality a sexual orientation, and refer to themselves as gender-blind, asserting that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others

pretty much what you said goes along with this

7. antibinary

Probably asexual.

8. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I think you're demisexual.

9. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you're pan or biromantic and asexual. I know some of the previous posters have said it is demisexuality, but that would imply that you do feel sexual attraction to people on some level, and that's the opposite of what you've previously stated.

You don't have to let labels define you though. I know it might help for some people, but if you don't want to label your attractions, you don't have to.

10. ChameleonSoul

You sound like a pan romantic asexual to me, but don't feel that you have to stick to any label that doesn't feel right just because a few people online tell you so. Just love yourself for who you are and things will work out over time.

11. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with the above. You sound panromantic, asexual from what you've described. But if something else resonates with you more that's good too. Some people just give up labels altogether which is fine. But yeah, your description sounds panromantic, asexual.

12. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I just label my sexuality as queer and leave it at that. For me, it's more unifying within the community and works for me right now. Labels don't have to be set in stone.
    If you wanted something more specific, it could be panromantic asexual or panromantic demisexual.
    I really connect with the wanting physical closeness but not sex thing btw. Took the words right out of my mouth.

13. MickH

I would say pan-romantic asexual.

14. Ryu

Ryu

I'd say biromantic asexual

15. Rainbow Kitty

Panromantic Asexual. Unless, you have a preference.

16. iiimee

Perphaps a form of pansexuality? Pansexuals usually care more about people emotionally and are not attracted based on their bodies. Pansexuals can be attracted to somebody physically, unlike asexuals who don't have any real sexual desire from what I've heard. (I am not sure if I'm completely correct or not) The difference between bisexuals and pansexuals from what I heard is-
    A. Pansexuals think there is more then male or female genders
    B. Pansexuals think of personality a little more then body, unlike bisexuals who are attracted to BOTH.

...I hope I helped.

17. Incognito Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel the same way. I don't like dick or vagina. but I feel like I cant say that because i'm still a virgin. im still a virgin because dicks and vaginas look disgusting.

I think there's something very wrong with me.

Im honestly afraid to have sex with either. I like the foreplay.....but I cant go any further than that.

idk