1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I leading him on...?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ruby Confused, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Ruby Confused

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey there,

Recently I have started to think that I might be lesbian.... But I am not sure yet (even though I am mostly, sot of, okay if I am). Then today a high school friend asks me if she can set me up with a guy she knows... is it wrong to go on a date, will I be leading him on...? I don't yet know for sure if I am gay but still... I feel bad until I really know what is going on in my head!Please help! is it wrong of me to date someone if I am not sure I am attracted to that sex/gender?

Ps. I am nineteen and my only sexual experience is a kiss with one male friend (which I was really indifferent to... the kiss I mean) and (usually slash) fanfiction :confused::confused:

2. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What would be wrong with it, if you're not sure? (assuming you don't have a problem with blind dates in general) Lets say for example that you knew 100% you were straight. Does that mean you will be sexually attracted to or obligated to have physical contact with that particular guy?

I know without a shadow of a doubt that I have an attraction to women in general, but I've been on dates where I discovered I wasn't attracted to that particular woman. A woman kissed me once and I was indifferent to it too.

As far as leading him on with only one date or not being sure what you are or are not, it's hard to say with the information in the OP.

3. bi2me

I think it's ok to go on a few dates to see if there is an attraction regardless of what your orientation is. If you aren't into him, just let him know that you don't see the relationship going anywhere.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't see it as leading him on you yourself are not sure , If you do figure out he's not for you just tell him kindly that your not interested ; If you do like him well at least you found someone .

5. Ruby Confused

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the assistance everyone. I think I am still in that high school girl mindset that every person you date is inevitably going to lead to a full on relationship. I think I probably just panicked as I have been thinking about my sexuality a lot the past week or so. Everyone on this site is so helpful!