1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I really bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by whatsyourdamage, Nov 1, 2014.

1. whatsyourdamage

So here's the deal...I know I like girls. I've always known that I am attracted to girls, sine I was a little kid. And I've always been secure about that part if me. But lately I'm realizing that the only reason I've been identifying as bisexual is because of one guy. It's like I'm a lesbian plus this guy that I've been in love with for ages! I want to let him go and I'm really trying because I know that the chances of it happening are quite slim, but I just don't know who I am with him out of the picture. I'm I gay? Or does that fact that I love him make me bisexual for sure? Please help!

2. ForeverYoung000

3. whatsyourdamage

Thanks so much! :*

4. ForeverYoung000

No problem love. <3

5. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Your situation somewhat matches mine, give or take. For a while now I've thought and spoken of myself as 'mostly gay' or 'predominantly gay' or 'almost exclusively gay' - if asked, I'll say that technically over my life span one might call me bisexual, I am almost exclusively gay. I identify as this rather than bisexual (although I'm happy to be considered that) because heterosexual attraction is such a small part of my life. I am also convinced that if my situation were reversed, and I was almost exclusively straight, I'd probably consider myself straight.Bisexuality encompases most of the sexuality spectrum apart from either end, but I am so close to one end I feel more comfortable identifying myself as that. But that's just a personal preference.

I don't know if this helps at all. I eventually decided it didn't matter "what" I was - as long as I only go out with people I'm attracted to / in love with.