1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I asexual or just not ready?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by queenmarceline, Nov 3, 2014.

1. queenmarceline

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm 16 which I guess people would think is a very exploratory age of relationships and sex and junk. But here's the deal, whenever my friends talk about their experiences, be it making out or more intense stuff, I just feel sick to my stomach (for real when my friends talk about hand-jobs or worse I just feel so uncomfortable its terrible). However, I know that I want to do this stuff, at least I think I do, just not yet, maybe in a few years when I find someone I really like. I guess thats demisexual right?

Like I really crave attention, kisses, cuddling, hand holding, stuff like that, but I have never experienced it with a person of interest so I have no clue how I feel about it.

does anyone know whats up with me?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Asexual people usually don't want sex at all. It doesn't necessarily mean they hate it or feel uncomfortable when people talk about it, though.

You may be asexual, but if you experience sexual attraction (which I have personally never really felt, so I can't give you a description) then you are not asexual, by definition.

Imagine yourself being sexually attracted to someone and having sex - do you want that? Maybe in limited circumstances (which would fit under grey-asexual, in the grey area between sexuality and asexuality)?

And, I'd like to throw out there that non-asexual people / sexual people don't necessarily have to love the idea of sex. There are sex-averse sexual people as well.

3. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha you'll get around to it.

4. ForeverYoung000

My brother is just like you. Like, no joke. He's ot into anybody at this moment in life but mentions when he's older, he'll want that. I don't know if it's that goochie stuff...I don't know. But that what I know from what he conversed with me. So...yea. Anyways, you seem cool & if you ever wanna chat feel free. ^^

Welcome to EC by the way!

#4 ForeverYoung000, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True asexuality is rare. Far more likely is that you just aren't ready / haven't felt the urge / haven't found anyone you connect with yet. I'd suggest assuming the latter rather than the former, as the latter is something that can change, while the former is something that's fixed and unchangeable, and always better to consider options before deciding there are none :slight_smile: