1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really want to know, if you think she likes me?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by UniqueButch89, Nov 3, 2014.

1. UniqueButch89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've known this woman for a year. I told her awhile back that I liked her. She thanked me for the compliment and said she's straight.

After I stopped hanging out at her house with her room mate, she started inviting me over more but always with her room mates there. She isn't a touchy feely person and has never really dated a man. She started talking about how guys online are dumb and immature. She thinks femmine men are really hot. She never said femmine men, but the ones she finds very attractive look striking and could be a really intense butch.

I catch her starring at me a lot and she always pays attention to what I have to say, even if other people are talking. I catch her starring at me in the corner or my eye a lot. She always wants to involve me in her group activites. The other day she put her feet up on my lap in a joking way and than said, this is actually really comfortable. Later that day I was about to sit back on the couch and she put a pillow behind me. She came to me for advise on an issue and was very pleased how I could help her. She doesn't seem jealous of the girl I am casually going out with and is there to give me advise. When she looks at me, she holds it for a little extra time. At least that's what it seems like. She laughs at a lot of my jokes and can be playful around me. Her best friend says she doesn't think she is gay. My best friend and her girlfriend live with her, they both pick up vibes from her too. She is introverted, 21, super mature for her age, doesn't drink, and claims she is straight. What do I do? It's intoxicating looking her in the eyes, since she does it so often.

I am sure most of what I said points to her being straight. Something just tells me she isn't. Just the way she stares at me.. I can't explain it. I am probably looking way to deep into it and just trying to hold onto anything I can, to think she's gay. Her friends would totally accept her if she was gay, her family asked if she was gay last year and would accept her. I'm being ridiculous aren't I? There's nothing there...?

2. Really

At a minimum she sounds curious. Maybe wait to see if her curiosity fades away or not. And then, I don't know. Just keep an eye out.

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea, she seems at least curious to me as well. In my case I was straight until I met a lesbian online and realized I'm not. Could be the same with her, could be not. But if you think she looks at you longer than normal, I believe it's not just your imagination but that she really does. It's possible she's not aware of it though. It took me months to acknowledge my feelings.

4. ellz

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm currently in a similar situation, only I'm the "straight" one in the equation... There is the girl who is a lesbian and we are really good friends. After the first night we met, she started a facebook message that lasted an entire week of pretty much continuous chatting on both sides. She then asked for my number and of course I gave it to her. We have those looks and I feel like I'm reading too much into things.

She always talks about people she has hooked up with or is trying to and I try not to act jealous, so in your case that may been nothing. Also, the girl I may be into doesn't believe me when I say I'm straight, and she vioces this so she has me questioning myself. It's very confusing to me. I don't know if she likes me; I don't know if I like her.

Anyways, in your case, it sounds like you obviously have chemistry with the girl, but maybe you can ask your friends to pay attention, so you aren't biased by what you want to see in her. Also, you can subtly question her sexuality or ask what she thinks of girls when the two of you are out and about or just in pictures to get her to look at women more objectively.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

5. UniqueButch89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have asked my best friend and her girlfriend to watch. They say ok! Then by the end of the day I ask them, soooo, did you see? They always say.. Sorry man I forgot or wasn't paying attention. Jerks! She has vocalized finding some women attractive or pretty on the TV. She always talks about how some of the celebrity men are very dreamy. She also shows me dating profile messages of men sending dumb stuff to her. She's always laughing on how pathetic their attempts are to get her to message back. She always seems to be around me when I am over at her house. My best friends are her room mate. She always ALWAYS hears my voice over everyone else in the room. I catch her looking at me from the corner of my eye A LOT, when she thinks I am and no one else is paying attention.